• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CRE 8900 SSB - don't know if anyone had posted this yet

I deff. want to own one of these! I haven't heard much about them in the way of any problems. What about any warranty repair? Thought I had read somewhere that it doesn't exist for these....<?> Anyone know what kind of wattage to expect?

This is from Simon, a person who does reviews on youtube.
CRE 8900:
1-12 Watts AM FM
0-25 Watts SSB
External programming with the new cable when released. Has some components in the USB Plug and comes in March. Buttons seem more solid and less fragile than the AT's (Anytones) and DX's (Maas). Multi coloured display not sure who needs it. Software is easy and now works better under Win 7 64bit which was always a funny one. 6 pin mike plug so those that use mikes that can draw voltage do not need a battery anymore. 60 channels per band so the same as the others (Anytones, Maas, Hannover). Price is more 289 euros ( $388 ) and they want another 60 euro ( $ 80 ) for the software and cable.

3's

so I guess it works like the CRT SS6900 but in a smaller chassis. Good deal, the only issue I have with the 6900 is channel rejection. I live about a mile from a huge warehouse complex, truckers during the day waiting to be loaded on any channel bleed over when I'm using SSB. Makes using the radio useless when the warehouse is open. My Magnums and the new Yenticom Optima don't have that issue.

so I guess it works like the CRT SS6900 but in a smaller chassis. Good deal, the only issue I have with the 6900 is channel rejection. I live about a mile from a huge warehouse complex, truckers during the day waiting to be loaded on any channel bleed over when I'm using SSB. Makes using the radio useless when the warehouse is open. My Magnums and the new Yenticom Optima don't have that issue.

I haven't heard too many trucker radios loud enough to bleed channels, even from only a mile away.

actually the warehouse is 1/4 mile from my home air miles and the truckers in that lot talk on either 38 or 39 AM just wipes out my receive if their using power. I use to give them a hard time trying to get them to AM channels but just decided to deal with it. How can I argue with non english speaking truckers other than to go there and give them a hard time, it's just worth it anymore. I sure am not going to do the stuff like we did in the 70's. ;)

I don't know anything about Alinco helping design. But I can tell you so far H&Y hasn't been mentioned as bringing some in but time will tell.

It is certainly a much prettier radio than the others of the same ilk and shouldn't cost an arm and a leg either. I wouldn't mind one in the car either...
I thought the purple looked really cool....

Yea purple would look cool but how about a few of those color changing 5mm lights in lets say a 257 faceplate?? that would be different

I have one inbound - the company in charge of this model is seeking a U.S. distributor and I expect one of the distributors will bring in some of these radios. The interest is there and I think there will be demand for this model if it performs.

I have one inbound - the company in charge of this model is seeking a U.S. distributor and I expect one of the distributors will bring in some of these radios. The interest is there and I think there will be demand for this model if it performs.

Did you get the CRE or the Itek version?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.