• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CRE 8900 SSB - don't know if anyone had posted this yet

but I can say here the left side is the correct side ha ha. Funny how even race cars here now they are trying to get the driver in the center of the inside of the car, guess they don't want to have a correct side or when english people come here to race they don't have an advantage or disadvantage.

I was just on YeticomNZ and they have it listed there but shipping from New Zealand to the US would be a killer. I'm very surprised no one here in the states have picked them up. I'm sure a hundred of them would sell right away if not more

This is from Simon, a person who does reviews on youtube.
CRE 8900:
1-12 Watts AM FM
0-25 Watts SSB
External programming with the new cable when released. Has some components in the USB Plug and comes in March. Buttons seem more solid and less fragile than the AT's (Anytones) and DX's (Maas). Multi coloured display not sure who needs it. Software is easy and now works better under Win 7 64bit which was always a funny one. 6 pin mike plug so those that use mikes that can draw voltage do not need a battery anymore. 60 channels per band so the same as the others (Anytones, Maas, Hannover). Price is more 289 euros ( $388 ) and they want another 60 euro ( $ 80 ) for the software and cable.

3's

For a little more cash i can get a new RCI 2970N2! Im hoping thats not gonna be the retail price here in the USA or they might not sell very well.

Zman your correct a 2970N2 sure would be a better deal for that kind of money, but seeing as the CRT SS6900 was selling for 199 I just can't understand why this radio would not be in the same price range like 199 to say 239, at that price they sure would sell and if an American Retailer like H&Y or Copper would buy a bunch, price them right I am sure the first bunch would be gone quickly. On the program and cable add on, the program is downloadable from the Web site for CRT and the cable is the issue but all it is is a USB small plug end like my camera takes so I can't see why it would be crazy money for that either. I guess I have this feeling if we wait and the sellers are stuck with them they will drop the price just to move the stock. Guess time will tell. The SS6900 program was not the same as the first run Alpha radios but my cable from the Alpha did work just fine.

Attachments

• crt6900ss 1-11-12.jpg
    crt6900ss 1-11-12.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 22

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.