• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CRE 8900 SSB - don't know if anyone had posted this yet

That new "STRYER" has 6 built in roger beeps. Won't be long before we start hearing all 6 of them either.

Oh fuck am I glad skip isn't here on 11m. Six Roger beeps !!! Its bad enough the beans have echo,music,screaming hola holaaaaaa.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

I have the CRT SS6900 and that LCD and display work fine in 20 degree mornings. I know it is not exactly the same but I would bet that the actual company that makes the 6900 is making the 8900. all the same functions and computer programming

Thats fighting talk, lol.

i guess by that statement we can expect to see a ranger made superstar version from crt france soon then?

Not likely. I could see the FCC charging someone with smuggling for importing products like this though.

Not likely. I could see the FCC charging someone with smuggling for importing products like this though.

Hmmm, i always thought superstar was a pseudonym, like palomar was. maybe i'm wrong.

but i'm very curious too know at what point Ranger RCI took over from Uniden making superstars using almost identical circuitry (copyright breach?) as earlier Uniden models, infact they still do,

can you clarify this missing portion of export radio history Shioda, because as their lawyer you must know,I suspect many of the subcontractors for Uniden are now under the RCI banner, or is your first threat of legal action the biggest piece of hypocrisy ever seen (taking into account the company you represent have blatantly lived off Uniden designs for years, god you even upgraded the ss3900 regulator circuit to exactly what the president grant had years before) . you see where i'm coming from, as the guys who have kept these companies in business over the years, i feel this should be clarified, obviosly without putting anyone in a legal compromise.

the other possibility is RCI bought copyright from Uniden, because i see no record of any legal battle on copyright ever having taken place, but no shortage of things concerning RCI's legal fights of which you are obviously a major player in.

i'm open to correction on anything i've ASSUMED wrongly.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.