• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CRT ONE N review

nav2010

Sep 5, 2010
Bought one of these recently and thought i'd give it a quick write up.
Out of the box they are the smallest rig out there at 4x4x0.8 inches. I'd watched a few video's and read a little about them especially one from Simon the wizard who gave it a good write up. Paid £44 for this rig to the door which is a bargain TBH. This N version has a signal meter.
When you first turn the rig on you do so by holding down AF button at the same time, then use the up and down buttons on the mic to find your region which in my case was the UK, the rig then gives you 40FM UK27/81 legal channels. The rig will also set up on AM for the USA.
First things first, measured the power out of the box and was doing around 3 Watts and deviation was set far too narrow so off with the cover and adjusted the power to 4.2 Watts. There are only 3 pots, FM power, AM modulation and FM deviation, no adjustment on the receive side so that's in the lap of the Gods but as it happened it sounds good on receive anyway. I then turned the FM deviation up with the help of a few local stations until it sounded acceptable.
I've got it in my car connected to a red devil whip atop a Sirio mount, TX and RX are excellent for such a tiny rig, the Squelch, RF gain work well and are easy to operate, there is also a scan function that allows you to scan which ever band you're on and a 9/19 customary select button.
For such a small rig, the RX and TX is excellent and if you are faced with a situation with no room in your vehicle to mount a rig then this could be the answer. The internal speaker works well but the sound is a little on the thin side so i've got mine on an external speaker which sounds much better. There is a socket at the rear for a speaker BTW.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 39
  • crt5-300x152.jpg
    crt5-300x152.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 37
Reactions: Mudfoot and binrat

These are the smallest cb i have ever seen, makes a jaws mk2 look big in comparison,
they have no transformers to align, i would like to see the service manual / alignment procedure,

we never tried it on AM to see how it sounds nav

Reactions: nav2010

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.