• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

D-STAR Repeater progress

Was the D Star up today ?? Tried to link a few times. I was having issues on my side learning the ID-31 .. I have the Moencomm board and I can connect to Repeaters and reflectors no problems at all..

Craig

Let me know if we can schedule some testing time..

See my previous post. You can't connect directly from home brew repeater to home brew repeater unless they're both running Starnet. Or we use a reflector.

What is the configuration and name of your repeater?

One more thing - are you running IRCDDB? If so, callsign routing to the repeater might work (I haven't tried this yet). Try putting in /W9WDX_B in the UR and see what happens?

One more thing - are you running IRCDDB? If so, callsign routing to the repeater might work (I haven't tried this yet). Try putting in /W9WDX_B in the UR and see what happens?

KC1ACI is the repeater and I am using a MoenComm board with Beta software from Dutch Star. I'm running ircDDB on a Raspberry Pi. I tried to connect yesterday, it said connected and I made a couple of transmissions and got the ack beep back so I assumed it was connected...

I'll be around later this afternoon Eastern time and I'll try it again.

Craig

Attached is a quick photo of my link this morning, I can key up and get a ack beep so not sure if it woirks or not. I'll be home later and try again ..

Craig

Attachments

• w9wdxlink.jpg
    w9wdxlink.jpg
    231.7 KB · Views: 372
KC1ACI is the repeater and I am using a MoenComm board with Beta software from Dutch Star. I'm running ircDDB on a Raspberry Pi. I tried to connect yesterday, it said connected and I made a couple of transmissions and got the ack beep back so I assumed it was connected...

I'll be around later this afternoon Eastern time and I'll try it again.

Craig

Craig, it worked - I saw you in the log. I just tried your repeater and you came back to me but then you were gone. I never did get the same ack back from your repeater. Are you sure you have the proper ports forwarded on your firewall for callsign routing?

Craig, it worked - I saw you in the log. I just tried your repeater and you came back to me but then you were gone. I never did get the same ack back from your repeater. Are you sure you have the proper ports forwarded on your firewall for callsign routing?

Great QSO today, glad its working. Right now my system is just set as simplex on my TS-2000 since I have some work to get done on the TKR-820. That BETA firmware is Awesome !! This will open the door for alot of linking via homebrew boards !!

I'll try to listen out for your testing !

For everyone's benefit, it looks like IRCDDBGateway IS able to connect to other systems running the software using DExtra, which is what Craig & I just did. He was able to link directly to W9WDX B from his simplex hotspot.

Craig, just tried to connect to KC1ACI B and it didn't go through, though. Do you have the DExtra ports forwarded on your router?

Reactions: 1 person
For everyone's benefit, it looks like IRCDDBGateway IS able to connect to other systems running the software using DExtra, which is what Craig & I just did. He was able to link directly to W9WDX B from his simplex hotspot.

Craig, just tried to connect to KC1ACI B and it didn't go through, though. Do you have the DExtra ports forwarded on your router?

Yes the Raspberry is a DMZ on the router so its wide open for all traffic, not the smartest but what can a hacker get ... Did you get the Beta firmware yet, I believe thats the key. I believe when you tried the link my ircDDB and Repeater programs closed down, not sure what happened there..

My GM-300's will be here on Wednesday. Do you have a wiring setup I could use. ie which wires from which radio goes to the DB9. I have the pin outs for the GM300 just not sure hot to wire them together. Haven t found anything other than wiring as a repeater with no DStar.

My GM-300's will be here on Wednesday. Do you have a wiring setup I could use. ie which wires from which radio goes to the DB9. I have the pin outs for the GM300 just not sure hot to wire them together. Haven t found anything other than wiring as a repeater with no DStar.

On the GM300 here is the pinout:

Pin 3 is PTT
Pin 5 is transmit audio
Pin 7 is ground
Pin 8 is COS (you shouldn't need this as the Star Board uses digital COS)
Pin 11 is receive audio

Be sure to change jumper JU551 on the logic board of the RX radio. It needs to be in the A position. The logic board is the PC board with the 16 pin connector on it.

If you ground Pin 10 while the radio is powered on, it will blow the internal Pico fuse, causing the radio to not power on. I did this twice on accident! My advice is to not attach ANYTHING to that pin.

Yes the Raspberry is a DMZ on the router so its wide open for all traffic, not the smartest but what can a hacker get ... Did you get the Beta firmware yet, I believe thats the key. I believe when you tried the link my ircDDB and Repeater programs closed down, not sure what happened there..

I got the updated firmware last night but couldn't get it to load (PC problem). I'll try again tonight with a different computer. BTW, I did get W9WDX B to connect to your repeater late last night while I was testing.

On the GM300 here is the pinout:

Pin 3 is PTT
Pin 5 is transmit audio
Pin 7 is ground
Pin 8 is COS (you shouldn't need this as the Star Board uses digital COS)
Pin 11 is receive audio

Be sure to change jumper JU551 on the logic board of the RX radio. It needs to be in the A position. The logic board is the PC board with the 16 pin connector on it.

If you ground Pin 10 while the radio is powered on, it will blow the internal Pico fuse, causing the radio to not power on. I did this twice on accident! My advice is to not attach ANYTHING to that pin.

My Logic tells me that the PTT and TX Audio goes to the TX Radio and the rest go to RX Radio and ground to both ?? This is on a repeater set up.

Thanks

Craig

Reactions: 1 person

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.