• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

d104 mic element

radioshack $2.99 just add a resistor to the base to power up the element,, these work great have several of them being used now with these elements.

do a search, there is a couple other posts about these radioshack elements around here

Attachments

• d104 resistor.jpg
    d104 resistor.jpg
    206.7 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I have done the W2ENY elements and back to back testing here with another station 30 miles away on ssb, the radioshack element sounds better, and several locals here that were listening and a couple dx contacts the same night also agreed

I just got two radio shack mic elements so I will see how it goes white power red ground but what do I do with the shield wire ?? do I need it ??

Not just a plug & play (solder, heat shrink)? Gotta use a 1K resistor? Only on the board like the pic shows?

Not just a plug & play (solder, heat shrink)? Gotta use a 1K resistor? Only on the board like the pic shows?

you can mount the element many ways, I found these round radioshack boards make it easy to mount, you place the element through the center holes and trim and bend over the pins, the board gives a nice place to solder the element and mic leads to, 1k resistor works fine and yes put the resistor just like the pic shows, no heat shrink needed

I just installed this element & res. Audio is weaker than with the stock element, smoke & mirror mod if you ask me. I guess it sounded too good to be true for under $5. Either im just gonna buy a used head off Fleabay or buy the mod from RB Micro. I kinda knew it, lol.

are you sure everything is correct,, I have several of these that I converted and they are working great, plenty loud with the mic level turned up on the base of the mic,, I only had 1 that gave me some issues and it ended up being a bad mic cord. the guy I talk to almost every night uses one with this element also and his radio sounds great on my end

they also work great in the superstar pistol grip mics: http://www.worldwidedx.com/tuners-mics-meters-other-accessories/149223-chinese-clone-6.html

I would verify your voltage at the element when keyed up and the polarity

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.