• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Dave MAde Rod Of God Antenna *PICS*

I estimated about 9 feet of 3/8" wide hollow copper coil. The top I saw on it was about 9 feet tall with a "T" on top of about 9 feet wide. The top to bottom was NOT adjustable but the "T" was adjustable to the sides and about 6 to 8 inches longer on the reflector. This was a 2 antenna set-up with 6 foot spacing BUT the reflector did NOT have the coil. I might be wrong but isn't the reflector AND the antenna supposed to be the same wavelength? By the way, the set-up I saw had copper pipe for the shaft and it was soldered like a regular plumbing fixture...

I don't think the rear element is a reflector...

no offense meant by this but two things:

1) just because "someone beat someone with something different " in no way means anything. That is not scientific proof. Its a personal account which by no means proves anything. (read my signature line, bob said it best)

2) If an 8 pill beat a z box I want to know how many tubes there were and how big was the guys supply etc etc etc. for a 3-500z box of any config 3 tubes plus to get beat by a 8 pill is silly. Something was wrong, all there was too it. Im not saying he didnt win, Im saying the ac mobile must have had a problem. Any time anyone with a 16 pill mobile wants to key against my 3cx3000a7...heh heh.. I will be more than willing to take the challenge, half waves and all... I dont think you will be successful keying on him sorry to say.

Is this offer still good?

i calculated almost 12 ft of coil going by L1s' dimensions 10 x pi x 4.5 = 141.3 inches . the coil a capacitor to tune the antenna with , why wouldn't adding more capacitors add loss ? also both a 1/2 and 5/8 vertical need a capacitor or some other method to tune them with . that shinny copper coil will look like crap before long without frequent cleaning . youll also have to clean where it contacts aluminum because of the dissimilar metals not playing nice with each other .

other than power handling what advantage would "the rod of god" have over a imax 2000 ? or antron 99 ?

i calculated almost 12 ft of coil going by L1s' dimensions 10 x pi x 4.5 = 141.3 inches . the coil a capacitor to tune the antenna with , why wouldn't adding more capacitors add loss ? also both a 1/2 and 5/8 vertical need a capacitor or some other method to tune them with . that shinny copper coil will look like crap before long without frequent cleaning . youll also have to clean where it contacts aluminum because of the dissimilar metals not playing nice with each other .

other than power handling what advantage would "the rod of god" have over a imax 2000 ? or antron 99 ?

it sure looks like a good show n tell item. but what an EYE SORE!:censored:
anyone own one? lets see/hear it in action(y)

I heard it got banned from keydowns. Basically a motorcyle pulled up with one and blew the competition away. :LOL: Didnt wanna read the rest of it just blew passed it and came to the end....

Looks like a lot of snake oil.

Looks like snake oil?

Snake Oil is where someone says something will do something that it isn't capable of.

Can you define your definition of snake oil with regards to this antenna. What claims are being made that arent true.

I heard it got banned from keydowns. Basically a motorcyle pulled up with one and blew the competition away. :LOL: Didnt wanna read the rest of it just blew passed it and came to the end....

No that's actually not what happened but I love hearing how stories get twisted.

Looks like snake oil?

Snake Oil is where someone says something will do something that it isn't capable of.

Can you define your definition of snake oil with regards to this antenna. What claims are being made that arent true.

Good point.

I guess "gimmick" is a better word choice.

All whip, no coil > a bunch of coil and fancy glass with a short stinger.

A better choice would be an 8.5 ft piece of 1/2" copper pipe with a 3/8x24 stud at the bottom. I'll take however many kw you feel like throwing at it

"You go to a big keydown with a 16 pill running your rod of god antenna with a reflector. Your competitor has a five antenna setup on his surburban running a 3cx3000. You get to the line and clean his clock."

a 1/2 wave with a reflector beating what is essentially a 5 element beam ........ and the 5 element has more power . sure seems slippery to me . but the claim wasn't made by the builder . i wonder if the kink in the coil was done after the antennas was sold ........ or if its a manufacturing secret that gave it such incredible performance :LOL:

Good point.

I guess "gimmick" is a better word choice.

All whip, no coil > a bunch of coil and fancy glass with a short stinger.

A better choice would be an 8.5 ft piece of 1/2" copper pipe with a 3/8x24 stud at the bottom. I'll take however many kw you feel like throwing at it

So you are saying a 8.5' piece of copper antenna will be better than the rod of god which is a full 1/2 wave radiator that will handle how ever many Kw's you can throw at it. :confused:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated