• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Dave MAde Rod Of God Antenna *PICS*

I think many think the coil was in there to make the antenna shorter, like a 10k or other less than 9' 1/4w ant. Looking closely at the ROG it seems to be a shunt to grd to match. Most may freek out if they seen that it's a direct short to ground.. ;-) Mr S I kinda just seem to beleive what you say... its as if you were involved.... Also to provide a 3db increase at full output of a 8 or 16p will take a lot more than you think!! ;)

Commenting on things you don't have a idea what you are talking about.

The Davemade rod of God is a full size 1/2 wave radiator, the coil at the bottom is the matching device

Your math and your theory need work the Rod of God isn't a loaded antenna again I will tell you the coil is a matching device the end of the 1/2 wave is a high impedance so it needs a matching network. That antenna will provide 2- 3 db from a 1/4 wave mounted on same vehicle. Go smoke some more hash and make up some more BS, the only picture I get is you are clueless about this antenna. You have never owned one nor have you ever used one and I am sure you never tested one.

:unsure:

So the "Rod of God" is 18 feet tall and the coils and caps are the matching network?

If that's the case, I rescind all comments, as the antenna is clearly not a mobile antenna, thus, cannot be measured against other mobile antennas as most states cap out your maximum height from the ground up at approximately 14 ft.

:unsure:

So the "Rod of God" is 18 feet tall and the coils and caps are the matching network?

If that's the case, I rescind all comments, as the antenna is clearly not a mobile antenna, thus, cannot be measured against other mobile antennas as most states cap out your maximum height from the ground up at approximately 14 ft.

the tapped coil is the matching network .
i dont know what the glass caps are for ...... maybe they hold some secret RF sauce . (y)

IMG_0777Medium.jpg

4931d1307654041-dave-made-rod-god-antenna-pics-e69gcw.gif

Booty, look at the picture, see the two Vari Cap`s, ( C1 and C2 ) one above the coil, and one paralleled with the coil.......take out the Vari caps, and insert the Vacuum Caps, now you are looking at the same thing.

the tapped coil AND glass caps are the matching network .

i wonder how much torque from the vertical those glass caps can handle

Very very little, it was NEVER designed to be a "drive around" antenna.

Jeff

4931d1307654041-dave-made-rod-god-antenna-pics-e69gcw.gif

Booty, look at the picture, see the two Vari Cap`s, ( C1 and C2 ) one above the coil, and one paralleled with the coil.......take out the Vari caps, and insert the Vacuum Caps, now you are looking at the same thing.

the tapped coil AND glass caps are the matching network .

Very very little, it was NEVER designed to be a "drive around" antenna.

Jeff

Good Explaination Jeff,
This is what the antenna was designed for, look at the date this wasn't something that was just made last week. The first design didn't use the glass caps, he made his own with teflon etc... This pic was taken outside of the Daytona 500 at a keydown. This is AC sky class ,red truck a single 3000 tube 1 alt, beat 55 Florida's pair of 10,000's with a motor in back of vehicle turning 8-10 alts...

330egd5.jpg

Last edited:
i looked at it , i didn't understand it .:blush:
but , i'm just a xerox-er . :LOL:(y)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated