• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

DaveMade,Fatboy or Xforce

amp

I'am in the market to get a base amp and a mobile amp.Witch of these builders would give me the best customer service,best product and best bang for the buck?
Well bang for the buck, all depends on what your mostly gonna run, like am or ssb or both equally.
I personally like the high drive texas star (sweet16) especially if you dx alot and on ssb.
Nothing against the other brands discussed on here, but I'm just skeptical of them because I have seen the problems others have experienced with them and not really designed for the ssb use though it's offered to have ssb relay installed for additional cost, they was based more around for am use, and abit pricy for kinda off brand amp, depending on where you purchase from.

Well bang for the buck, all depends on what your mostly gonna run, like am or ssb or both equally.
I personally like the high drive texas star (sweet16) especially if you dx alot and on ssb.
Nothing against the other brands discussed on here, but I'm just skeptical of them because I have seen the problems others have experienced with them and not really designed for the ssb use though it's offered to have ssb relay installed for additional cost, they was based more around for am use, and abit pricy for kinda off brand amp, depending on where you purchase from.

You are skeptical about the other brands because of the problems others experienced with them???????????? What problems?

You are skeptical about the other brands because of the problems others experienced with them???????????? What problems?

There has been several here used them. The problems that some of us seen, they amps didn't hold up under several hours of dxing, and been cases they didn't produce the watt output advertised, then there has been a incidence where it malfunctioned on key up right out of the box.
But this is can happen to any of them regardless of what make and model and stuff like this has happens all the time with electronics.

Amplitude modulation......can't beat glass.

Who wants amps with glass tubes in them anymore....talk about a money pit. If you want a tube type then get steel tubes.....they last forever.
AM is AM whether it is tubes or transistors.

Who wants amps with glass tubes in them anymore....talk about a money pit. If you want a tube type then get steel tubes.....they last forever.
AM is AM whether it is tubes or transistors.

Yeah...I know.....but if I had the money it would be all tube.....I think tube amps have a better warmer sound.....I am a guitar player and have played tube amps most of my life.....just old school I guess.(y)

Reactions: 1 person
There has been several here used them. The problems that some of us seen, they amps didn't hold up under several hours of dxing, and been cases they didn't produce the watt output advertised, then there has been a incidence where it malfunctioned on key up right out of the box.
But this is can happen to any of them regardless of what make and model and stuff like this has happens all the time with electronics.

Sounds like assembly problems but if you look at the overall picture, they are extremely reliable if you use them sensibly and know how to run one properly. 99 out of a 100 problems are caused by the operator.

I am just courious how much splatter will you get modulating on SSB with a so called Biased Class C amp ??? I run a Texas star 667v, And i get good reports. Class A/B amps are great for SSB. JMO.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.