• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Digital Sport Systems

Kasper

Nov 20, 2007
Manteca,Ca
Any one have any info on these things?
100_0370.jpg
100_0373.jpg

I have one. It's pretty much a Hooker 100 with receive amp. 4 watts in will give you about a 60 - 70 watt out DK. The pass through swr is horrible. With the unit shut off, swr goes off the scale.

I have one. It's pretty much a Hooker 100 with receive amp. 4 watts in will give you about a 60 - 70 watt out DK. The pass through swr is horrible. With the unit shut off, swr goes off the scale.
These are generally pretty capable little 2 bangers.

But they all have floating chassis grounds and the chassis is capacitively coupled to electrical ground.

This is where many of their problems arise from.

At all 4 corners of the PCB replace the disc caps that are for "grounding" with actual solid ground connections. Same for the input and output jacks (SO-239) Then do a proper power upgrade using red and black as to avoid confusion.

And on yours pictured here retuning the output is easily done due to the OEM variable swamping cap and output tune cap.

Most times if you do this your pass thru tune, input and output tune will be greatly improved. Spending the time to tune the input I regularly have seen 200ish or more PEP on an active Daiwa. 80+ average power is normal and easy to obtain be it based on TRW or Motorola finals.

My .02

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated