• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Driving a 6 pill fatboy amp

You guys are making this much harder the it has to be. Give that amp a max input dead key of 25 watts and 250-275 max peak and call it a day. A one or two pill Fatboy would be fine. Of the two you have use the Texas Star 250. 20-25 watts swinging 140-170 will drive that amp nice.

Hanging on my every post.....nice to have a slightly tweaked fan.
Not the fact of the matter at all, you continually make accusations about others abilities and when you incur the same then you seem to take offense.

What mojo referred to as a drive level is what I personally told him to drive his 6 pill amp at and I should know as I am the builder of his 6 pill.

So he was just trying to help another person out and at that drive level any hd 6 pill amp should take it all day long and I tested said 6 pill with a 20 minute keydown-unmodulated at 80 watts input carrier @15.2 volts dc so I know what it's capable of.

If that ain't competition I'd like to know what is and please don't give yourself anymore credit at my expense.

psycho , if you ever make it to va for another eye exam lets plan ahead to meet while youre here . id love the chance to shake your hand .

Last edited by a moderator:
I just picked up a 6 pill Fatboy amp fo a unbelivable price. I know I need to drive it with something but I'm not sure of whats the best driver for it. Any info would be great. Thanks

I know this is an old thread but I am wondering why no one has asked if the amp is a 2x4 or straight 6 pill.
That might be pretty important to know!

Instead of running multiple amps, which will no doubt sound bad, why not pick up a nice Kenwood, Icom or Yaesu and have a real nice sounding station? One of these used isn't going to cost anymore (and maybe less) than all those 'pills'

Instead of running multiple amps, which will no doubt sound bad, why not pick up a nice Kenwood, Icom or Yaesu and have a real nice sounding station? One of these used isn't going to cost anymore (and maybe less) than all those 'pills'

They are discussing CB in this thread.

You guys are making this much harder the it has to be. Give that amp a max input dead key of 25 watts and 250-275 max peak and call it a day. A one or two pill Fatboy would be fine. Of the two you have use the Texas Star 250. 20-25 watts swinging 140-170 will drive that amp nice.
I just ordered a 6 pill from Charger "Fatboy" and he said around 25 to 30 watt DK. The 6 pill should not DK more then 600 watts and if it does it's being driven to hard...

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated