• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Eagle Tomahawk mod

Zman

K9FON
Nov 26, 2009
How do i get this thing to go on the CB channels after it has been modded? I forgot how to use the keypad to get it on 11 meters..

you have " Hold EMG/9 button while powering on the radio hold EMG/9 button for 3 seconds after radio has powered up. Pres that EMG/9 button to change bands. Bands A-E and F-J will appear but the CB band has no letter ;) There ya have it mt friend.

I believe if memory serves me right that radio will automatically go back to 11 meters when you turn it off and restart it that was the pain was that you had to remember to hold that EMG/9 buttone when turning it on or you just got the standard 1 - 40 channels.

I just seen that these radios use the channel 1 button to change bands.

[SIZE=+1]1)Remove top cover.
2)Behind the numder pad there are 2 black jumpers on a small board.
3)Move both of them from pin 1&2 to 2&3.
4)Find another jumper spot behind the channel display.If there is no jumper there then you can either put one ther or solder to 2 pins together.
5)Close up the radio and turn on.
6)Use the #1 buton to change bands.
[/SIZE]
Adjustments

[SIZE=+1]RV1-RF Power Meter adjust
RV2-Squelch Level adjust
RV4-AM Carrier adjust
RV5-Modulation adjust
RV7-Modulation Meter adjust
RV11-13.8 Volt
RV12-S-Meter Adjust Both AM and SSB.
RV14-SSB ALC adjustment.
RV50-Clarifer Center adjust
[/SIZE]

I had to do some more research and i found out mine is a newer version and the mods above will not work for it. I did get it reset and it is working fine now. Now i need to see if i can find a clarifier mod...

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.