• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Elecraft K3

De_Wildfire

Jul 27, 2009
I hold an out of band license with ECOM and some of the frequencies out of band are scaled down to low power even though there is a 500 watt restriction. I want to take the radio from 10-20 watts to 100 watts like on the ham bands. Is there some kind of software modification to lift it from being restricted? It is a software defined radio. When I opened the radio up, I had to give my call sign and download the link to open the radio up to go out of band. Elecraft won't give out the information but since the radio has been on the market for a while, has someone cracked the TX code?

I've opened up my radio for MARS use and have not had a problem with full power output. Can you give me a few frequencies to test without naming the agency you're supporting? I'll test them on my radio.

I wanted to know about mars/cap as well for the K3, I shot an email to Elecraft in regards to this as I hold an advanced certificate of proficiency but I was refused and told that the K3 is only locked for Ham. It left me a bit peeved as I really liked this rig.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.