• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Example of over the top ebay auctions! $699+$108 Shipping!LOL

You would think that @$699 for a FCC type approved 40Ch SSB radio that shipping would be included but you would be wrong! LOL
The cost of doing business in Canada with shipping costs. I'm sure he's not making any profit on shipping. Whereas, I see a lot of USA based eBay sellers definitely deriving profits from padding shipping costs.

Have you seen what people are paying for low mileage cars from the 70's. It makes sense to some...not me. As the used car salesman says "There's an ass for every seat."

He's a reputable dealer who I have purchased many NOS items from in the past. As has been previously stated his shipping costs are very high because he's shipping from Saskatchewan, Canada.

He's a reputable dealer who I have purchased many NOS items from in the past. As has been previously stated his shipping costs are very high because he's shipping from Saskatchewan, Canada.

Thanks, 194. That's good to know.
The prices on the radios still seem high. According to everybody and their dog here, they will still need recapping and aligning after all these years. Wish they were cheaper.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Bi...413195?hash=item3f81d8de4b:g:TqoAAOSwEAtZZ9j5

With one of my locals having seen this listing, he thinks his stud mount two transistor "bilinear" is worth over 100$, actually he thinks it is worth closer to 200$, I said no thank you.

I bought one of those circa 1977. IIRC, I paid $75 for it BNIB (it was l/t $100 at any rate). Still have it, still works, despite having been senselessly abused in it's early years, only thing I ever had to do to it was replace a relay.

(and now back to your regularly scheduled thread...........)

Thanks, 194. That's good to know.
The prices on the radios still seem high. According to everybody and their dog here, they will still need recapping and aligning after all these years. Wish they were cheaper.

I agree they are a bit pricey but sooner or later a collector with deep pockets will probably purchase them.

I don't think you'll beat that price on a new one anywhere because of the free shipping. The cheapest I've ever seen it is $145 at Bells CB, but he charges $26 to ship it.

I don't think you'll beat that price on a new one anywhere because of the free shipping. The cheapest I've ever seen it is $145 at Bells CB, but he charges $26 to ship it.
In addition to the galaxy, the same seller also has a Uniden Bearcat 980 SSB for $137.91 as well as free shipping. I am wondering which radio has the better bang for the buck.

The Royce is a very nice looking radio. But wow the price!!

You could get a brand new shipped Icom IC7300 for $999 after rebate a week ago.
I guess before I would spend $750 plus shipping I would get the Icom.

Reactions: Riverman

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?