• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

External Speaker recommendations

depark

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Feb 17, 2010
Kelowna, BC
I was wondering if people could please recommend some good external speakers for my FTM-350 that I have in my van? I want something that sounds good, has enough volume to be heard while the window is down and not too expensive. I have already listened to a pair of Yaesu MLS-200's and they weren't loud enough. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Motorola HSN4018b, snip off the end and put whatever you need for your radio.

140.jpg

Motorola HSN4018b | eBay

Yes, If you are looking for just a external speaker, Motorola makes some really nice speakers.
I use a HSN1000A 6-Watt Amplified External Speaker at home on my Ft 897D.
I had to remove the factory end, and put banana plugs on it for 12 volt and Audio in, but it sounds great.

Jeff

I'm not sure they even have it anymore, but Radio shack had a small amplified speaker that worked well. (Yeah, I know, so paint over the name. It still worked good.)
I've been thinking lately about finding a couple of small speakers and mounting them on the driver's headrest. I'm not in any hurry, but it's a thought. Had a car once that had speakers mounted -in- the headrest, but I'd have to find someone who was competent at upholstery, probably couldn't afford that (I couldn't afford it, not you).
Good luck.
- 'Doc

Can't beat the Uniden ESP12 and ESP20 Bearcat speakers.

12 and 20 watt versions and have a nice natural sound. I like the CW tone it produces. I have 3 of them and really like 'em.

Great sound and inexpensive.

http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/4402

http://www.bearcatwarehouse.com/browseproducts/UNIDEN-ESP-20-Speaker.HTML

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?