1. In celebration of the launch of the new redesigned site, we just gave away a FREE antenna! Click Here to See Who Won!

External Speaker?

Discussion in 'CB and Export Equipment and Accessories' started by skirk55, Dec 25, 2006.

1. skirk55 Member

I need an external speaker for my CB. I looked at the speaker that clips to the visor and one that has noise canceling. Can someone please tell me what they think? :?

2. petey_racer Member

I have several and I like my Cobra the best. I also have one from Radio Shack that is made real well and has a metal yoke.
    Although I don't have one the Uniden's look nice too.

3. Peddler SWR (sandwich with rum) Expert

Cobra/HiGear

4. Switch Kit Active Member

55 ? I think you said you had problems with noise in your truck ? if so , you mght give the noise cancelling speaker a thought. Merry Xmas

5. skirk55 Member

Thanks Switch Kit and you have a Merry Christmas also :D I changed radios and the noise is much better with this Midland I can barley here it now. There is a low pitch when I turn the blower on. I did not know what the Noise Canceling feature on the speaker was. I need a descent one. I see some people like Cobra. This gives me an ides what to look for. I just want to purchase it one time! :?:

6. skirk55 Member

One more thing I have to ask what is talk back on an external speaker?

7. sportygreg Member

Talkback allows you to hear what you sound like when transmitting.Some radios have a talkback circuit built in but you can buy an external speaker with talkback.It's good for checking your modulation or adjusting the echo[if you have echo].I just bought a talkback speaker but it squeals if mike gain is too high.