• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

External Speaker?

I have several and I like my Cobra the best. I also have one from Radio Shack that is made real well and has a metal yoke.
Although I don't have one the Uniden's look nice too.

55 ? I think you said you had problems with noise in your truck ? if so , you mght give the noise cancelling speaker a thought. Merry Xmas

Thanks Switch Kit and you have a Merry Christmas also :D I changed radios and the noise is much better with this Midland I can barley here it now. There is a low pitch when I turn the blower on. I did not know what the Noise Canceling feature on the speaker was. I need a descent one. I see some people like Cobra. This gives me an ides what to look for. I just want to purchase it one time! :?:

Talkback allows you to hear what you sound like when transmitting.Some radios have a talkback circuit built in but you can buy an external speaker with talkback.It's good for checking your modulation or adjusting the echo[if you have echo].I just bought a talkback speaker but it squeals if mike gain is too high.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.