• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Fatboy 700

littlebud

Dec 5, 2009
I just orderd a fatboy 700 online and i was wondering whats your opions of them? are they good or did i just waste my money?

Six years ago, they had real Toshiba transistors. So yeah, they probably were better than the new ones.

Not so much the transistors but poor building practice and assemblers that throw them together. You'll see more problems with the larger amps that use an LC network because they don't know how or don't take the time to tune the circuit. At the end of the day it's still a class C amp but at least make it right. I can only imagine how bad they are with the new transistors. Good builders aren't having much trouble with DEI pills.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.