• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Field Day set up , QRP

pacset2

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Jan 4, 2013
On field day .W6KLE
I will b working QRP from San Jacinto wilderness near Palm springs CA .
10/20/40M with the KX3 and a end fed wire, 1 B ORG
Here we go
Don
W6KLE[/U]

Reactions: 3 people

I'll be out as well......no high ridge or wilderness but out no the less! Antenna will be at about 1 foot above actual sea level...right at the Gulf of Mexico
Will work QRP if conditions allow....10?,15, 20 and 40
Good dx to all :D enjoy FD 2014

Reactions: 1 person
We'll be camping out with some of the K9KAO repeater group at the Juniper Springs Campground, just down the hill S/E of Big Bear Lake, about 7500' ASL. Grid square - DM14pf.

I'll be utilizing an Icom IC-7000 with a 'Lil-Tarheel-II in the Westfalia camper, but also setting up a QRP station as well: KX3 with an Icom AH703 portable antenna, powered by a 5Ah Lipo battery and a solar charging panel.

I might set up a BuddiPole configuration if I feel like dragging all that stuff along :unsure:

'Good Luck in the Contest' :tongue:

I'm hoping to make our club's even for at least a couple of hours. Trying to get a couple of new Tech's more interested in HF at the GOTA tent. :) This will be in North Richland Hills, TX.

Brett

I also will be out, @ about 5500 ft on top of the Bradshaws here in AZ,

Will be working as 2A w/GOTA station 6-40M and maybe 80 if the bands are good and all 3 modes.

Was hard to find a spot up there due to the fires 2 years ago, Grid DM34

Equipment Icom 706MIIG/ Yaesu 857D, R5 Vertical, G5RV, Buddipole, Home brew full wave 6M vertical, And end feed wire.....

Should be able to hear the QRP on 40 no problems will look for you Don..

73's Good luck everyone..

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?