• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

FL-2100B

kopcicle

Feb 17, 2016
So I took on a FL-2100B project that has no tank coils. More correctly it had been mono banded. At least I was able to test the amp, somewhat.

In no particular order I need the outside diameter and length of the 80/40/20 coil form.
The diameter of the wire on the form.
Fortunately I can count the number of turns from numerous detailed pictures on the web.
Someone could possibly come up with the coil(s).
Bandswitch details .

I have the technology, I will rebuild it .
I do know its shortcomings and they are all on the list.

Thank You

tinytimparts-s.jpg

http://www.k5dkz.com/images/tinytim/tinytimsch-s.jpg

This may help Kop/Dennis...Homebrew Pair of 811A's...Should be same or very close to what your looking for.
Never understood the gutting of Tank Circuit in a commercial built amp...guess the thinking is your going to Drive the snoot out of it and the band switch etc. is a "weak" link...???:eek::confused:
GL
All the Best
Gary

PS: I have the original tank circuit coils from one of my 6m conversion amps SB220/221 if you may need them...also have some maybe 2" 'Air Dux" stock also if any of that may help...Just let me know..
GL 73

Reactions: Tallman
tinytimparts-s.jpg

http://www.k5dkz.com/images/tinytim/tinytimsch-s.jpg

This may help Kop/Dennis...Homebrew Pair of 811A's...Should be same or very close to what your looking for.
Never understood the gutting of Tank Circuit in a commercial built amp...guess the thinking is your going to Drive the snoot out of it and the band switch etc. is a "weak" link...???:eek::confused:
GL
All the Best
Gary

PS: I have the original tank circuit coils from one of my 6m conversion amps SB220/221 if you may need them...also have some maybe 2" 'Air Dux" stock also if any of that may help...Just let me know..
GL 73

I will Gary, thanks for the detail .

Be sure to put meter protection if it doesn’t have. I have one here where a capacitor blew. Took out current meter and it’s dead. Tubes month old.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.