• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

For Sale: Messenger 4V Amplifier

Kikker

May 31, 2013
For your consideration is a one owner Messenger 4V amp. The pre-amp does not work. I've seen 600 watts PEP out of this unit. The only reason I'm selling is that I like using my Palomar Elite 500 better. You will need at least a 75 amp power supply. The Messenger 4V has no driver and eight (8) strapped 2879's.

$325.00 shipped to any of the lower 48 US States. No international sale.

PayPal payment preferred. If you have any questions please PM me.

Reactions: Shadow 410

For your consideration is a one owner Messenger 4V amp. The pre-amp does not work. I've seen 600 watts PEP out of this unit. The only reason I'm selling is that I like using my Palomar Elite 500 better. You will need at least a 75 amp power supply. The Messenger 4V has no driver and eight (8) strapped 2879's.

I thought the Messenger 4V had 8 SRF1446 tramsistors?

For your consideration is a one owner Messenger 4V amp. The pre-amp does not work. I've seen 600 watts PEP out of this unit. The only reason I'm selling is that I like using my Palomar Elite 500 better. You will need at least a 75 amp power supply. The Messenger 4V has one driver and eight (8) strapped 2879's.

I made an error in typing information. The Messenger 4V has one driver pill.

I made an error in typing information. The Messenger 4V has one driver pill. The pills are 1446's and mot 2879's. My bad, sorry.

I made an error in typing information. The Messenger 4V has one driver pill. The pills are 1446's and mot 2879's. My bad, sorry.
Hello Andy, the amp has not had any repairs done. Like I said in the ad, the pre-amp does not work. Otherwise it’s in very good condition. Sorry but I think $325.00 is a fair price shipped. I don't want to post my PayPal address here so if you will email me at screwdrivr07@gmail.com if you want the amp.

Regards and thanks for your interest.

Hello Andy, the amp has not had any repairs done. Like I said in the ad, the pre-amp does not work. Otherwise it’s in very good condition. Sorry but I think $325.00 is a fair price shipped. I don't want to post my PayPal address here so if you want to call me at 580-579-7198 if you want the amp.

Regards and thanks for your interest.

This Messenger 4V is a later model with the 4/10 watt switch on the back. I should also add that it has never been used as a mobile amp.

will you ship to Canada?

Has this been sold? Thanks

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.