• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

fransis 8 ft moble antenna

Hey guys, I still have a WD. I did not know the antenna had 3 wires, but I found out when I had trouble cutting a 1/4" inch off to try and lower the frequency a bit...the wire was very tough and was not copper.

I manage to crush the tip similar to Jay's comment. I sealed it with little epoxy/FG and used a rubber tip.

It is very old and I can tell the antenna is badly faded and brittle looking.

I have always felt the antenna worked very well and it didn't bend over near as much as the SS whips.

If you had a small rotisserie motor, and a roller jig, you could refinish the blank with some flexcoat. The Francis antennas will give you fiberglass splinters in your hands when the original epoxy coating weathers off... Not fun.

I miss my Amazer!
I loved them. Best antenna I ever owned. I run a ss 102" w/spring and Its great. The amazer is the only mobile antenna to put my 102" to shame. The amazer had bigger ears and less noise and still was the long antenna.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.