• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Frequency and tones

coptor doctor

Mar 20, 2011
Hey all Can some one tell me how do I find out a tone for a frequency. Is this even Possible? I know the Frequency is 152.400 but have no idea on the tone nor does the guy that uses this Frequency.
I am trying to load it into my FT270?

Are you trying to find the CTCSS tone of some local business band repeater or service that is using 152.400? The way to do that is by using a tone scan function, althoug after looking at the user manual for that radio, it doesn't appear to have that capability. If you have an HT or another 2 meter radio with the Tone Scan function, you can run it on the repeater's input frequency and it will find the tone for you.

You could use a program like digipan and feed the audio from the HT into the mic input on the computer. When you run digipan click View, and show frequencies and when you get the audio you will notice a straight line on the left side of the waterfall on the bottom of the window, move you mouse over the line and click and on the status bar it should show "RX:" and then the tone frequency.

Hey Mole...I think your mind may be preoccupied with all the other BS going on lately. :D

Look on page 25 of your manual to find out how to use the tone search scan feature. If you don't have a manual you can d/l it from Yaesu:

Welcome to Yaesu.com

Hey Mole...I think your mind may be preoccupied with all the other BS going on lately. :D

Look on page 25 of your manual to find out how to use the tone search scan feature. If you don't have a manual you can d/l it from Yaesu:

Welcome to Yaesu.com

LOL! It could be! I was looking at this FT-270: http://www.radioamateur.eu/schemi/FT270_user.pdf which is a different radio than the HT with the same model number. I wonder why Yaesu reused the model number???

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.