• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

ft 2900 and linear

ahasverus

Dec 2, 2011
to connect a ft2900 (no jack) and a linear with ptt jack
i will use a ft-2 footswitch ( heilsound) and a cable ad1-ym(modular)
what about the mic
the mic ft is mh-48aj6(1-2-3-4-5-6) (sw2-sw1-+8v-ground-mic-ptt)
do i fix the mic with a rca jack
or is there an adapter (modular-jack)
thank you for advice
on3bm

The FT2900 is an FM only radio. Almost all VHF amplifiers have the ability to be keyed externally or RF keyed from the exciter's output. The FT-2900 has 75 watts output. What kind of amplifier do you plan to use with it?

The FT2900 is an FM only radio. Almost all VHF amplifiers have the ability to be keyed externally or RF keyed from the exciter's output. The FT-2900 has 75 watts output. What kind of amplifier do you plan to use with it?

I have the ECO750 (can be keyed) and needs 5 watt input
The ft2900e has a max output of 75 Watt but also
a 5 watt output but no ptt output so the use of a footswitch
Using a footswitch and the ad1-ym the ptt of the linear can be activated but i have to connect the ad1-ym
with a mic (mh-48aj6)
i think i have to fix the mic so i can use the ad1-ym
do i see it in the right way
thank you for your attention

For the same or less money look at a Clipper 636-S footswitch. It has 2 SPDT switches inside a cast iron housing. It might take a little more pressure to key the second switch than the Heil but I don't have any issue using mine with bare feet. I found it new on ebay for around $36 shipped.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated