• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

FT: Palomar 350Z amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExitThirteen

Grumpy and Cranky
Apr 18, 2008
Cornpatch of Iowa
I recently took this Palomar 350Z linear amplifier in trade from a ham operator friend of mine that was wanting some SSB CB equipment for his shack. He worked 40 and 20 meters quite a bit, so I know this amp functions on those bands. I put it on a dummy load and found that it does do just about full output (325-350W on my Bird 43A) on all bands. Currently has 6LB6 tubes in it. I have 5 more 6LB6 tubes that go with it, but they are untested. This box is not pristine, but everything seems to work okay. The preamp DOES work, but the relay is a little dirty, and sometimes the preamp doesn't come on right away. The preamp switch has been replaced at some point (it has a center poition on it that is not used), but it works as it should.

I'm looking for a solid state base amplifier. Would like to have something around the same wattage. Would also consider a 50-70 amp power supply as well. I like the sound of tubes, just don't like all the loading/tuning. Post or PM what you may have, let's make a deal!

Here's some pics of the amp.

Picture706.jpg

Picture707.jpg

Picture708.jpg

Heya Mack, and Triple9... Sorry about not getting back to you two sooner, been away on business this past weekend.

I got what I needed locally from someone in my SSB club, so I don't need to swap out an amp or power supply for the Palomar. However, to be fair, I will put it up for actual sale, if either of you two are interested. I would like to get around $200.00 shipped for it, but I'd entertain offers too.

I don't want either of you two thinking I was double dealing behind each other's back, so I wanted to post here, and let you both know of the situation. Thanks for your patience!

~Cheers~

Heya Mack, and Triple9... Sorry about not getting back to you two sooner, been away on business this past weekend.

I got what I needed locally from someone in my SSB club, so I don't need to swap out an amp or power supply for the Palomar. However, to be fair, I will put it up for actual sale, if either of you two are interested. I would like to get around $200.00 shipped for it, but I'd entertain offers too.

I don't want either of you two thinking I was double dealing behind each other's back, so I wanted to post here, and let you both know of the situation. Thanks for your patience!

~Cheers~

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated