1. In celebration of the launch of the new redesigned site, we just gave away a FREE antenna! Click Here to See Who Won!

FT: Palomar 350Z amplifier

Discussion in 'CB Radio Gear SwapShop' started by ExitThirteen, Feb 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ExitThirteen

ExitThirteen Grumpy, Cranky Repairman

I recently took this Palomar 350Z linear amplifier in trade from a ham operator friend of mine that was wanting some SSB CB equipment for his shack. He worked 40 and 20 meters quite a bit, so I know this amp functions on those bands. I put it on a dummy load and found that it does do just about full output (325-350W on my Bird 43A) on all bands. Currently has 6LB6 tubes in it. I have 5 more 6LB6 tubes that go with it, but they are untested. This box is not pristine, but everything seems to work okay. The preamp DOES work, but the relay is a little dirty, and sometimes the preamp doesn't come on right away. The preamp switch has been replaced at some point (it has a center poition on it that is not used), but it works as it should.

I'm looking for a solid state base amplifier. Would like to have something around the same wattage. Would also consider a 50-70 amp power supply as well. I like the sound of tubes, just don't like all the loading/tuning. Post or PM what you may have, let's make a deal!

2. ExitThirteen

Here's some pics of the amp.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. triple9inga

triple9inga Backwoods of Lagrange Ga

pm sent

4. mackmobile43

mackmobile43 Jock Supporter

Did you happen to get my PM exit thirteen?

5. ExitThirteen

Heya Mack, and Triple9... Sorry about not getting back to you two sooner, been away on business this past weekend.

I got what I needed locally from someone in my SSB club, so I don't need to swap out an amp or power supply for the Palomar. However, to be fair, I will put it up for actual sale, if either of you two are interested. I would like to get around $200.00 shipped for it, but I'd entertain offers too.

I don't want either of you two thinking I was double dealing behind each other's back, so I wanted to post here, and let you both know of the situation. Thanks for your patience!

~Cheers~

6. mackmobile43

mackmobile43 Jock Supporter

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.