• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy 350 Amp

bigred222

Key Up City Radio
Aug 28, 2006
Stamford, CT
www.cbjunk.com
Do they still make this amp?? I saw one NIB on ebay which made me curious. Its a 2x 2879 right?
Reason i ask is i would like to have a galaxy matching set.
Radio
Watt meter
Dummy load
Mic
linear
etc
Thanks guys
73's
CDX202

It's the same amp and pretty much maker Red as the Palomar 350 I have for sale in the Swap Shop , just a different face plate is all . If you can get one cheaperthen IM selling mine for brand new , I'd say you did good dude ! AB-1 filtered good to go SSB amplifers.

as far as I know , yes. There just face plates in many cases. Palomar has been out of business since the late 70s as far as I know but the name has been used by others after , for years. It's kind of like those Cobra XL amps , they also have had the Palomar/Magnum/Skipper face plates as well , same maker in most cases , just different names used. If guys knew the differances in many cases , they could get good deals on these amps used. Lets say if I had a Palomar/Magnum 450 (from this day and age) , I would probabley get less for it , then I would if it had the Cobra XL 450 name plate on it , although they are the same exact amps. Now the Palomar blue faces (heat sinks on top) I've only ever seen with the Palomar or Galaxy name over the years from the same maker.Now I have "heard" that there's a Palomar 225 from Copper that's not the same ? (but I have yet to see one) IM sure others could tell you differently with good reason , but that's the best I can tell you from my side of the world. Nothing wrong with you liking the Galaxy name , in this case ,you would be getting a decently well made amplifier. Peace

Last edited:
Where do they get them ? you ask. Well , there basically illegal amplifiers Red , You could kind of say they get them from the pusherman (distributors / shops) , the pusherman has a connection with the Big Man (the builder) mums the word dude ! Then the pusherman pushes the product to somebody else and then that somebody else may just push it your way. Kind of like drug dealing Red , although I think drug dealing would be a much better catch rather then the amplifier Big Man as far as law inforcement goes. Oh yeah , just like the drugs , the more hands they move from the more the final cost could be to you in the end. Catch my drift ?

Yeah I hear ya. Sounds like a thing where if you want to get one new you have to "know a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy." type of thing
73's to ya SK round SoCal.
BigRed 'round the topside of Key Up City Connecticut is on the mail

Yeah I hear ya. Sounds like a thing where if you want to get one new you have to "know a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy." type of thing
73's to ya SK round SoCal.
BigRed 'round the topside of Key Up City Connecticut is on the mail

That's about the size of it Red. You brought up Ebay , over the years , Ebay has made it possible for many whom didn't have that good of connections to get there hands on amps. (quote on quote the Internet)

Do they still make this amp?? I saw one NIB on ebay which made me curious. Its a 2x 2879 right?
Reason i ask is i would like to have a galaxy matching set.
Radio
Watt meter
Dummy load
Where do they get them ? you ask. Well , there basically illegal amplifiers Red , You could kind of say they get them from the pusherman (distributors / shops) , the pusherman has a connection with the Big Man (the builder) mums the word dude ! Then the pusherman pushes the product to somebody else and then that somebody else may just push it your way. Kind of like drug dealing Red , although I think drug dealing would be a much better catch rather then the amplifier Big Man as far as law inforcement goes. Oh yeah , just like the drugs , the more hands they move from the more the final cost could be to you in the end. Catch my drift ?
It's not illegal to sell or by amps its illegal to use the amp .
Mic
linear
etc
Thanks guys
73's
CDX202

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?