• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

galaxy 959 problems

bluecurt63

Jun 17, 2014
this 959 has good tx.but no receive,shows receive on the meter of the radio.but no sound, ive changed the audio chip and the caps around it still no sound

Check q30&q31.Might be wrong on these numbers but they are the 2 little transistors under meter when viewing parts side of board.

well you said the radio has good output but the PA and talkback does not work. does the radio have good TX and audio with the TX as you stated in your 1st post. can you clear up what is working. is SSB the same as AM.

yes everything works in transmit but no pa or talkback or receive the meter shows incoming signal but you cant hear any sound of any kind

I can't remember if the Galaxy radios need a mic plugged in or not so don't flame me fellas. But if it does, check the mic socket as well for a broken wire of burnt trace. And if I am wrong I apologize!! Just trying to help.

Thanks FR!! Didn't know if I was on the right track or not. Been a while since I have had a Galaxy radio.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.