• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

galaxy 95T Review

I have a 95T2 that has been tuned and aligned and it rocks. I have it connected to the battery. I do not like the fact the echo is a three position switch inside the radio case. Also my talk back isn't that great but...but it is a great talker.

They have been out of production for several years now.

Nice ones used are no where near 400 bucks.

Good power, loud AM, nice big meter and starlight face.

Not the best on SSB.

Great for a driver that wants MOPOWA and talks mostly AM.

Better bang for the buck then a Galaxy 98 in my opinion.

Reactions: TOGAMAN
i have one and absolutly love it. i also run a RCI 2970dx and like the RX & TX of the 95T better. the only reason i run my RCI 2970dx more is i like to run 10 meter DX from the mobile and the fact that you can use the channel selector as a VFO on th RCI makes it a big plus when i wanna run freq's like 28.4700 or even free band on 27.5700 where as on the 95T it's kind of a pain in the rump to have to screw around with the coarse clarifier to run those type of freq's. i only paid $240.00 for mine and it's been the best $200 and some that i have spent on the hobby in a long time. i get great reports on SSB with it even on 10 meters where you better be correct with your audio or you'll hear about it. never have gotten a bad report and i run SSB 99.5% of the time.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.