• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

GALAXY MELAKA

sure, why would you want talkback on a base? (hell i hate talkback and echo's more than anything).

Reactions: SIX-SHOOTER
Carl said:
sure, why would you want talkback on a base? (hell i hate talkback and echo's more than anything).

It really isn't so much those with me , talkback goes hand and hand with echo , now IM talking about just a slight tint of echo for enhanced audio performance. ..............What I personally do not like is RODGER BEEPS !! especially the ones on Galaxy radios !! with a passion I totally dislike those !! over decades of hearing those off and on , it's usually the same kind of people that use them , arrogant , self righteous ass-holes !!(this is not to hurt anybodies feelings here , it's just me experiance with the idiots that use them over the years) I didn't like them on the echo master plus or the Sadeltas , OUHG !! BEEP BEEP MY ASS !!

I Proudly Own The Galaxy Melaka

I have "Proudly" owned the Galaxy Melaka for 11 years now, bought it from Roanoke, Virginia. Brand new, peaked and tuned, excellent choice, why would I say an excellent choice and to still own the same radio for 11 years? I have talked around the country numerous times of the day, depending on the conditions ( No AMP/Fire in the wire) and I have also talked to Spain on the Free Band Channels on USB, I was using an Astatic Road Devil Power Microphone, an Antron 99 Base Station Antenna 50'+ in the air. My first of many over the Large Pond Contacts. You know you have a good radio, when you are able to do just that, anytime of the day, anytime of the year. I recommend not to open the clarifier, I recommend not to do anything, except for peaking/tuning and getting an appropriate antenna for the job. Very Nice/Reliable Radio, I recommend to anyone ( Yes, I might of been the lucky one to get a great radio ) to get the, Galaxy Melaka SSB. 73's to you and yours, they call me the, Old Ridgerunner KGE-7432/SSB-139L in Iowa, maybe you will hear from me sometime.

Charles

I have a Galaxy SSB Melaka, Id like to know what pins what wires go to on the mic plug if Im tring to wire up a D-104 to it a 4 wire D-104 the liiopop version. Please get back to me at my e-mail WB2CAC@yahoo.com

Hi I'd like to know were I could get an owners manual for that radio as I just got one and would you know the wireing of the mic to put a D0104 on it. someone said Shiels on #1 then white Black and Red but it doesn't work.

Does anyone have any idea on how or where to find a channel chart for this monster of a radio...Just need it till' my freq counter comes in! Thanks in advance!

Late post but it's actually an EPT360014B board. Sames as the Saturn, just less features on the control panel (face).

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated