• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Gen. Lee: Where to buy?

Bought several radio's from Sparky, never had a problem. Some people just have an axe to grind I guess.

I am extremely picky on how my radios sound. If they aren't blaring loud, then they get sold.
I want maximum audio and if it means clipping the limiter, so be it. I could give a shit how it looks on a scope. I have a friend drive my truck and I listen to it on the base......good reports don't mean squat to me, it's my opinion that matters. My Sparky's General Lee sounds excellent, clipped or not.
My clipped, NPC modded and volted Cobra 148s sound blaring loud and they bleed all over the place...but they sound clear and impressive (not like a ch 6 POS).
I never understand how anal some people can get about clipping a limiter. Sure a lot of Exports sound like shit when you clip the limiter, but I never heard a regular 40 channel CB radio sound bad clipped. Real radios bleed channels and trucker radios don't.

Sparky's....definitetly Sparky's...

I bought a General Lee from them a little over a year ago.

I also had the Top Gun modulators installed...have had nothing but awesome compliments about the radio.

Please spare me all the graphs and testing readouts about the Top Guns...they do work as advertised. the proof is in the reports.

Every nite I run a hub for FedEx Freight and everyone wants to know where I go the radio. I just don't tell 'em about the Top Guns...gotta have an edge don't cha' know!!!!

SpongeBob

Reactions: 1 person
Yeah nothing better then wasting all your power so it any gains you have are wasted on off frequency emmisions

I never heard a loud radio that didn't scatter a few channels. I would rather have the audio and the "emissions". Who am I going to annoy, the less than 3 cbers in the area?

Sparky's....definitetly Sparky's...

I bought a General Lee from them a little over a year ago.

I also had the Top Gun modulators installed...have had nothing but awesome compliments about the radio.

Please spare me all the graphs and testing readouts about the Top Guns...they do work as advertised. the proof is in the reports.

Every nite I run a hub for FedEx Freight and everyone wants to know where I go the radio. I just don't tell 'em about the Top Guns...gotta have an edge don't cha' know!!!!

SpongeBob

Don't you live in a Pineapple under the sea? LOL!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.