• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Golden Eagle 200

SuperBadFred

Jan 12, 2009
Has anyone ever heard of this amp? I have had it for years. Used it when I first got into radio & the transformer smoked in it. I can't find any info on it. I had put it up & now getting back into radio. Thought I might try to get it fixed.

photo4.jpg

photo3.jpg

Dunno about that amp, but finding a suitable transformer shouldn't be too difficult. Can you take it out and find out any information about it?

I have one of these, but no tubes and not sure if anything else is missing since I haven't looked at it for awhile. I would like to know what tubes it takes and if you have found a schematic. I'm still talking to some shops about it myself and will let you know if I find out anything. The only thing I did find out so far is that it was made by a guy living in California that broke up with wife and moved to Michigan??? He was known for selling amps and not offering repairs or schematics...apparently you bought it, you blew it up, it's all yours...kinda attitude. Anyway, I will be posting about other equipment I have so take a look if ya like.

I use mine

I have one of these. Yes it has 2 20lf6 tubes.
I get 350 dk and peek swing to 425. Love it
Don't forget it is a low drive amp so no more that 10 watts in. I modded mine so I can run 18 into it and it sounds fantastic.
I did add a temp sensing fan right over top the tubes tho, they did get reeeeeeeaaaaaaallllllly hot

Attachments

• PIC_0303.JPG
    PIC_0303.JPG
    606.8 KB · Views: 329
Last edited:
Thats actually a pretty cool looking amplifier Ide have never guessed it would do 725!! Very cool but them tubes are getting scarce.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?