1. In celebration of the launch of the new redesigned site, we just gave away a FREE antenna! Click Here to See Who Won!

GoldenRod 45 A+ antenna

Discussion in 'CB Antennas' started by pimphand442, Nov 14, 2011.

1. pimphand442

pimphand442 Member

i have an old goldenrod 45 a+ antenna has anybodu ever heard of this antenna ive never seen one like it before so i baught it for 15 bucks at a yard sale thought i could find some more info on here im not even sure on how to go about adjustin the swr on it but its labled 10-11m. thanks

2. W5LZ

W5LZ Crotchety Old Bastard

Try going here;

Signal Engineering - The Evolution of High Performance CB Antennas!

to find out more about that antenna. No idea how it's normally tuned so I can't be any help there.
    - 'Doc

(I would advise taking the advertisement with a very large dose of 'salts'! It will transmit, after that, it's a bunch of what you spread on a garden.)
  4. Marconi

Marconi Supporting Member

There are two models for this antenna. What is the length of the one you got 442?

My Pop use to use the shorter ones on his field trucks and found them to be very effective, but I don't think they showed enough bandwidth to work both 10 and 11 meters.

I'm also not sure how much adjustment range the wire top hats provided, or how effective they were in raising the frequency to 28.500. I think the antenna was basically designed for 11 meters only...but maybe you could raise the frequency a bit, but I'm not sure about effectively going up to 28.500.