• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Got my ticket

Charlie337

Nov 13, 2014
I passed my tech and because of time constraints I had to leave early..was going to go for general ..got a few scowl looks from the guys after mentioning I came from 11m so I prob wont be going on 2m with them much..none the less, excited to start my learning journey and will be taking my general when I get back from work..what now?..interested in antenna projects for 10m ..thanks guys.

Congrats man and don't let anyone get to you!! I will get my ticket one day I keep telling myself, luckily where I am there is a large group of ssb guys on 11m. Anyway congrats and enjoy.

Reactions: Charlie337
Congrats on the ticket.

Do not let the humpty dumpties that scowl at you for being from 11 meters bother you.

11 meters at one time belonged to the hams ( of which I am one). So it is still a sore spot that they lost the bandwidth to the Citizens of the United States, (citizens Band).

The ham bands are full of op's from 11 meters, get on the air make some contacts and have fun.

Many operators came from the cb ranks. I don't hold any grudges against cb'ers.
They helped me by bringing me gear to fix. Made decent money fixing broken radios and amps. Although I never modified a radio for the extra channels.
Welcome to the land of Amateur Radio.

Congrats on your ticket! The crew was more than likely giving you the stink-eye for not staying and taking General. Plus, I've heard several conversations of Hams telling other guys they got their start in CB. Have a look at eham's shack showcase sometimes and play "find the CB" in the pics. There are plenty to be found. Nothing wrong with it, as far as I'm concerned.

Now, go study for General! You won't regret it. :)

Brett

Thanks !..there was one gentleman there that wad a CW only op that pointed me in the right direction for learning that of which I've always enjoyed just listening to the rhythm of so Im looking forward to that. Im thinking my first rig to be maybe a Ftdx1200, Ive read alot of good reviews..anybody have any real world experience or thoughts on it? Thanks again.

Reactions: 2RT307
Thanks !..there was one gentleman there that wad a CW only op that pointed me in the right direction for learning that of which I've always enjoyed just listening to the rhythm of so Im looking forward to that. Im thinking my first rig to be maybe a Ftdx1200, Ive read alot of good reviews..anybody have any real world experience or thoughts on it? Thanks again.

I have the 3000 and like it a lot. Can't really comment on the FTDX 1200.

Brett

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.