• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Grounding a Par end fed antenna

cloud9

Dec 22, 2011
I have a Par end fed antenna and I would like to no witch ground lead 1 , 2 or 3 do I use on the matchbox to ground to a copper pipe ? I am using a Sony 2010 .

First, you have several options on how to hang the antenna. Choices range from horizontal, sloper, inverted-L, inverted vee, or even as a vertical.
Next, you have to decide how you are going to configure the ground, and this will vary from installation to installation. We were able to use the factory default configuration -- connectors #1 (SO-259 shield) and #2 (ground lead of the antenna side of the 9:1 transformer) shorted. Basically, this leaves the connection to the antenna ungrounded and the user should ground the receiver in the shack.
Even though we did not observe it during our test, this installation may pick up man-made noise. If this is the case, you can also take the short between connections #1 and #2 out and ground one or both of these connections (#2 direct to ground and #1 grounded back to the receiver). This installation works very well in noisy environments from man-made sources.

MT What's New

Link is complete review and install article from Monitoring Times Magazine

All the Best
BJ

First, you have several options on how to hang the antenna. Choices range from horizontal, sloper, inverted-L, inverted vee, or even as a vertical.
Next, you have to decide how you are going to configure the ground, and this will vary from installation to installation. We were able to use the factory default configuration -- connectors #1 (SO-259 shield) and #2 (ground lead of the antenna side of the 9:1 transformer) shorted. Basically, this leaves the connection to the antenna ungrounded and the user should ground the receiver in the shack.
Even though we did not observe it during our test, this installation may pick up man-made noise. If this is the case, you can also take the short between connections #1 and #2 out and ground one or both of these connections (#2 direct to ground and #1 grounded back to the receiver). This installation works very well in noisy environments from man-made sources.

MT What's New

Link is complete review and install article from Monitoring Times Magazine

All the Best
BJ
Thanks for your answers radionut .
What do you mean by taking the short between connections #1 and #2 out and ground one or both of these connections (#2 direct to ground and #1 grounded back to the receiver). I am new to all of this so can you explain how this is done and also how do you ground the receiver ?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated