• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Ham test question? Best web test? Help!

ghutch

Sep 24, 2010
Anyone have a suggestion for the best ham license test on the web.....I would like to test up to general. Some of the web tests seem vey simple....makes me wonder if I need to find others so I can ace the test. I have 12 days to get prepared!

The 'QRZ' tests are about average and free. 'HamTestOnLine' is good but not free. The tests really aren't that difficult and mat seem simple for some. Every question and answer is available from the FCC if you want to down load them.
Have fun.
- 'Doc

Thanks guys! These new tests will be a help. Study study study.....10 -15 days before the test. I plan to tech and general same day....extra may be a bit much?
I pass tech test on eham....it is easy....general I pass the study tests now about 75%-80% of the time.....have not looked at the extra yet. Once I get the general down, then more study. :D
Should have done this 20 yrs ago! I actually had the 5 wpm down in the 70's then life changes put it all on the back burner? I may even start back on code, really hear many still using CW on the air. Now looking for a rig? . Anyone have a starter unit wanting to get the dust off of?? I have had bad experiences with eBay. I hope to fine a good used rig from someone that knows it background and history.

I used hamtestonline for the canadian basic, casually putting in 40 hours over a few months and got 98/100.

It's nice because it gives you an explanation of the stuff you get wrong and as you go it starts focusing on your weak areas. But like others said it's not free.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.