• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

~~* Has Anybody Installed A Lescomm 6404 Board Yet *~~

Retro CB Guy

Jun 22, 2014
Having issues installing and wondering if anybody know of some REAL documentation out there with some real specifics instead of just sparse info just very general stuff...... Surely somebody has installed this board and can give some real info or web links instead of a few sparse lil bits of info not worth much.... !!

Thanks for stopping by and any good info leading to complete my project as my tech is stomped presently !

Jim

That one I have no experience with. Best to contact Les and ask him for guidance. He was always more than helpful with tech support during my installs.

Good luck !

Reactions: Lil'Yeshua
Yeah just a lil slow on it by email is all. But I know it will get solved through my local tech and Lester eventually... I was hoping for some input and I'm thinking that 6404 board is very new just came out but not so sure when.

I installed one in a Cobra 148GTL, (Vintage Version). It works great. There was LOTS of info available on that install......but I never saw anything relative to the Teaberry.

Good luck ! When you get it installed you'll appreciate its capabilities.

Yeah I have another different one in my Cobra 2000gtl just back from Arizone with Snake Radio Customs and it's more than awesome !!!!! I just don't like the sparse info
available to the 6404 board as of now with only email support it makes things much
slower and so I posted here in the hope I could get some much helpful info I could pass
to my tech in the mean time. I always try to help as much as possible myself too along
the way. But there needs to be more documentation pertaining to the 6404 board asap.
Here's to hoping that will happen soon as well !!

That's my faceplate I have for my image here so here is a done version of it...

Attachments

• 20140822_002334.jpg
    20140822_002334.jpg
    808.4 KB · Views: 16
Reactions: mb91w126
It's best to ask Les.
You may have the wrong board and/or hookups for that Teaberry. I bought a 3 Bander off of him and got sent the wrong one for my radio. I emailed him and he suggested the right board which was the 4 1/2 Bander for my radio which included everything I needed. Les even went so far as to let me know which installation instructions on his website to use for installing the kit.
The board kit I have now includes a crystal of a different frequency I can use or just use the stock crystal which would limit how many channels I can get.
Sometimes the LesCom kits don't come with the right boards and/or hookups.

http://lescomm.com/products

Yeah it's comming along now thanks, but my channel selector is OFF by one channel. Les is sending a couple different crystals to fix this supposedly ! Awaiting them and back to my tech I go but it sure is pretty and here is a few recent pics of it folks !!! And the reason my right meter looks white is cos he had to install a new meter which he didn't have the old 35 year vintage meter so it's a new Ranger meter and works excellent but has white background and hard to capture in photos well.

Jimbo20140901_225524.jpg 20140901_225524.jpg 20140901_225647.jpg

Reactions: Steve_Buckeye

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated