• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Heck of a Deal...wow

9C1Driver

Aug 13, 2008
I just saw this and thought I would pass it on. Texas Ranger 696-FD1 SSB Mobiles NEW not refurbs.......tuned and aligned $99.95 while they last. This is at Sparkys cb, says he has a LARGE supply of them. I bet Ranger is getting ready to roll out a mosfet version so out with the old. This is like half price I think.

Sorta looks like the old Cobra 148F? Well minus the flag (y)

I would not mind getting one.

290d1230804009-heck-deal-wow-tr696flag.jpg

This place also has them, from what I understand this tech used to work at Sparkys. I would say either place will do you right.

Custom CB Radios, We build what others only dream about. From Cobra to Galaxy to Connex . We Also carry a full line of accessories for all your CB Radio Needs.

I have to say anyone with the balls to charge this for Galaxy 959 with some toys in it would make me very skeptical. $389.99 for a $179.99 radio is absolutely insane. That's the labor charge in a Mercedes Benz dealership!
Galaxy DX 959 Blue Dual MOSFET's Echo and More!!

i lost all respect for custom cb radios when they deleted my post about class ab amps being important for ssb use . when preacher man says "how someone runs the amp and the tune on the radio make as much difference ...or more than class of operation." and he is their resident tech and decided to delete my post stating that how you run in amp in no way compensates for a circut that isnt even in it to start with . Message Board post 4 . i asked them to delete my member ship and post there . they did delete my membership as i asked though . ill stick with sparkys or DTB .

Psycho, I do agree with you for the most part. You might as well buy a Magnum S-980 or Galaxy 94, or 95T2 for that money. That said though if you were to add up the cost of all the mods and work done those prices are in-line and you are getting top quality tech work. I'm just not a big fan of the Galaxy 959, the new 94 already has all that in there. Most of the people that do buy these radio's are drivers with very strict company policy on Export radio's and Linears. This way they have a loaded powerfull "legal" looking cb radio.

Booty Monster, I hear ya, kinda the nature of forums. Even here there have been posts deleted over the years or if you said something bad about this Justin guy. If you go to the X-Force forum and bag in Rolling Radio's they will scold you, If you question a sponser ( like radio active's whack pack crap) of that Bozo's forum they will delete the post and boot you. Just the nature of forums I guess. You just have to roll with it I guess and remember who's site you are on.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.