1. In celebration of the launch of the new redesigned site, we just gave away a FREE antenna! Click Here to See Who Won!

Heck of a Deal...wow

Discussion in 'CB and Export Equipment and Accessories' started by 9C1Driver, Dec 25, 2008.

1. 9C1Driver Well-Known Member

I just saw this and thought I would pass it on. Texas Ranger 696-FD1 SSB Mobiles NEW not refurbs.......tuned and aligned $99.95 while they last. This is at Sparkys cb, says he has a LARGE supply of them. I bet Ranger is getting ready to roll out a mosfet version so out with the old. This is like half price I think.

2. Bronco That's Mr. Mud-Duck....

I've got mine on order. Look forward to getting it and seeing how it talks

3. Wire Weasel Senior Moment

Last edited: Dec 26, 2008
  4. Robb Yup

I put one on order - too.
    Also signed up to the members list.
    Thanks for the hot tip!

6. Bronco That's Mr. Mud-Duck....

I am seriously tempted to order more and maybe sell them with a small mark up tgo make a few extra bucks

7. Happy_Hamer Administrator Staff Member

Sorta looks like the old Cobra 148F? Well minus the flag (y)

I would not mind getting one.

[​IMG]

8. Gearhead Member

Man, that IS a good deal! I wish I wasn't broke:glare:.

9. 9C1Driver Well-Known Member

10. rwl48 Member

WTB Galaxy DX-979 AM/SSB

OOPS.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2009
  11. zinger827 Supporting Member

12. psycho Supporting Member

I have to say anyone with the balls to charge this for Galaxy 959 with some toys in it would make me very skeptical. $389.99 for a $179.99 radio is absolutely insane. That's the labor charge in a Mercedes Benz dealership!
    Galaxy DX 959 Blue Dual MOSFET's Echo and More!!

13. i lost all respect for custom cb radios when they deleted my post about class ab amps being important for ssb use . when preacher man says "how someone runs the amp and the tune on the radio make as much difference ...or more than class of operation." and he is their resident tech and decided to delete my post stating that how you run in amp in no way compensates for a circut that isnt even in it to start with . Message Board post 4 . i asked them to delete my member ship and post there . they did delete my membership as i asked though . ill stick with sparkys or DTB .

14. 9C1Driver Well-Known Member

Psycho, I do agree with you for the most part. You might as well buy a Magnum S-980 or Galaxy 94, or 95T2 for that money. That said though if you were to add up the cost of all the mods and work done those prices are in-line and you are getting top quality tech work. I'm just not a big fan of the Galaxy 959, the new 94 already has all that in there. Most of the people that do buy these radio's are drivers with very strict company policy on Export radio's and Linears. This way they have a loaded powerfull "legal" looking cb radio.

15. 9C1Driver Well-Known Member

Booty Monster, I hear ya, kinda the nature of forums. Even here there have been posts deleted over the years or if you said something bad about this Justin guy. If you go to the X-Force forum and bag in Rolling Radio's they will scold you, If you question a sponser ( like radio active's whack pack crap) of that Bozo's forum they will delete the post and boot you. Just the nature of forums I guess. You just have to roll with it I guess and remember who's site you are on.