• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Help with Vanity

was this recently?

I have heard that the "SK HARVESTING" :)eek::eek::eek:) of calls was changed and done away with unless you were related to the SK

I jumped through the hoops in 2009 for this extra class call. This will be my call until I'm a few feet under.

How can they do away with SK call harvesting? All calls should become available 2 years after they expire anyway. Actually, all of us will wind up an SK at some point...:D If no relative has en extra class call to begin with they can't apply for a 2x1 or 1x2 even if it did belong to a relative.

As long as these is no valid application pending on an available call and you're the first to apply for one that was "harvested" the FCC will grant the call.

...How can they do away with SK call harvesting? All calls should become available 2 years after they expire anyway....

correct, but, that 2 years can actually be as long as 12 years and one day, if the person dies the day of renewal.

I "think" what the FCC actually did was to STOP granting any remaining time requirement waivier, unless you were a relative of the SK and could PROVE it.

seems that some calls were given out, and then a relative applied for the call , (within what would have been the "unwaived" time window), only to find out that it had been "harvested".

and then they :censored::censored:.

or so the QRZ 'ers say, ......

I really think it was the people that were too lazy/uninformed to do the legwork and dig out the SK calls that were whining;).

correct, but, that 2 years can actually be as long as 12 years and one day, if the person dies the day of renewal.

I "think" what the FCC actually did was to STOP granting any remaining time requirement waivier, unless you were a relative of the SK and could PROVE it.

seems that some calls were given out, and then a relative applied for the call , (within what would have been the "unwaived" time window), only to find out that it had been "harvested".

and then they :censored::censored:.

or so the QRZ 'ers say, ......

I really think it was the people that were too lazy/uninformed to do the legwork and dig out the SK calls that were whining;).

Hmmm...never heard about that. Must be something recent.

I gave up my original 2x1 (WO8J) in 1998 when I moved to Indiana. When I moved to MI there were no Extra calls available that I liked so I started looking at calls that were still in the grace period before expiration. Then I did some reading on N4MC's site and found out how to harvest the call I wanted.

Morbid as it seems I even did enough research to find out the call holder had moved from Ohio to New Mexico where he became a SK, but he neglected to let the FCC know he moved. I had to present documentation to the FCC ffrom the Social Security administration. It wasn;t actually that difficult but you had to follow the process to the letter , otherwise the FCC rejects the request.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.