1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Here I have attached pix of my station

Discussion in 'Station & Mobile Pics' started by critter, Dec 7, 2011.

1. critter

critter
    Expand Collapse

HI, I have attached pix of my station, I had this in storage for about ten years, mostly I used this station back in the early 90's, I just recently took it out of storage and am thinking about getting back into radioing, in about another year I think I will have my antenna and will be back on the air, I was known at the time as 688, I was out of Camarello, Ca. channel 22 local am, but mostly liked to talk DX.
    Scott

Attached Files:

2. Marconi

Marconi
    Expand Collapse
    Usually if I can hear em' I can talk to em'.

Very nice station Scott. Good luck.

3. wa4gch

wa4gch
    Expand Collapse

VERY NICE .......

Dom't let my wife see it or i'll have to clean my station up....

4. Oldtimer

Oldtimer
    Expand Collapse

Using a entertainment center is a great idea !! It's entertaining !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Looks great !!!!

5. cordova lucky 13

cordova lucky 13
    Expand Collapse

Welcome Back!

WELCOME BACK SCOTT! Staion LQQKS GOOD i,ve heard a lot of people back on the air now since "skipp" started in strong from across the pond . You,ve stated you are abou 1 year from putting up your antenna ? Any reason your not on the air before then ? all the best Bob. "cordova lucky 13"

6. gamegetter

gamegetter
    Expand Collapse

welcome to the forum

that is a nice looking set up with the wood cabinet!

7. critter

critter
    Expand Collapse

Hi, sorry it took so long for me to get back, I don't know what originally inspired me to build the station like this, but it's come's in handy. Oh by the way thanks for the compliments. I can move it from room to room, into an RV, out on the patio on a nice day, by the BBQ and beer cooler and shoot DX, Back in the day when I was getting letters from the FCC basically telling me to turn it down or face hefty fines, I became a CLOSET CB'ER as friends would say. HI, Bob, to answer your question to put my antenna up, I currently live in Oregon and may be moving to Idaho to start a business in April and don't see much sense in setting it up here and also I have a simple rule, Antenna first. I believe the best way to get out is to put your money into your antenna and follow up with the wattage. My intention is to first get a maco V58 and am thinking about maybe a maco flat 8 or maco laser 500, so I need to spend several thousand dollar’s on antenna's and just don't see the sense to start it here where I live now. I'm kind of anal about things like this all most to my detriment. I haven't been able to spend to much time on the boards lately but I hope to get back soon, once again thanks for the complements on the station.
    Scott

#7 critter, Dec 19, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2011
  8. cordova lucky 13

cordova lucky 13
    Expand Collapse

Hi SCOTT : thanks for the reply , hope to hear you on the air ! seasons greetings,,, later ; Bob."Cordova Lucky 13".

9. psycho

psycho
    Expand Collapse
    Supporting Member

I like the Cobra 148 with the extra channel knob and the Messenger amp.