• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

How to start Kenwood TH-D72 Program Scan?

rcollette

Apr 27, 2011
It seems like the documentation is missing something. I can program L0 and U0 either through the software or menus. I can recall both L0 and U0. But the documentation doesn't actually state how to start a program scan as far as I can tell. After recalling L0 or U0, I tried holding down the MR button and this just scans the current memory group. I hold down VFO and that scans the current band. If I hold down MHz I just get a beep and nothing happens.

My only other gripes at this point are:
Incompatibility with MapPoint (thus far)
Small number of characters for memory and group names
Lack of cross band memory.

Each seems like something they should be able to improve through a software update.

The Program scan does only scan within the selected band. However, it allows you to set lower and upper limits on the frequency range that it is scanning. Remember, the memory you set to "L" must be the Lower limit, and "U" memory is the upper limit. Both frequencies must be within the same band. When you hold VFO while on a frequency that is in between your programmed scan limits, the radio only scans that range. If you hold VFO to start a scan while you are outside of one of your scan ranges, it will scan the whole band.

Well how 'bout them apples. It works. Thanks. It is a bit strange though because you would think if you recalled L0 or U0, you are now technically within that range, and then hold VFO it would start a Program Scan, but apparently it picks up wherever VFO was last. I just enter the L0 frequency manually and hold VFO and it now does the program scan.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.