• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

HR-2510 Mic

I ran mine as a base. I used an Astatic 575M6 and IMO they paired up nicely. If you're putting it into a noisy vehicle, I'd look into a noise canceller like an Astatic 636L. When I ran my Uniden Grant XL and my President Jackson as mobiles in my pickup; I used an Astatic 575M6 with the Grant and a D104M6 with the Jackson. Like 2RT307 posted, I ran my mic's gain about half way and received no complaints.

Last edited:
How do you wire the 2950dx mic to work on the hr2510?

Easy,
Change the 6 pin plug to a 5 pin plug and rewire the audio, transmit and ground to the proper pins 1,2,and 3. And if you want the channel up/down buttons, wire those to pins 5 and 6 on the 2510.

Cap off the extra wire from the RCI mic which is from the receive pin-out since it won't be needed.

So all is needed to do is reverse pin 1 and 2 wires and move up wires from pins 5 and 6 from the RCI to pins 4 and 5.

Pin out HR2510
1. AUDIO
2. GROUND
3. TRANSMIT
4. UP
5. DOWN

Pin out RCI
1. GROUND
2. AUDIO
3. TRANSMIT
4. RECEIVE
5. UP
6. DOWN

Last edited:
Amplified mics tend to drive the mic audio circuit in the radio into a state of "compression" and isn't ideal. Your best bet is to find a nice dynamic element stock mic to use. If you go aftermarket, one of the nicest sounding mics I've used in the past is just a cheap Workman DM507-4. It's a stock 4 pin mic with a dynamic element. If you get one, I highly recommend you replace the cord on it, as the cords are cheap and the wires break inside easily.

Will this radio be used mobile or base?

~Cheers~

Reactions: NZ8N
Mics you can buy brand new the Astatic Road Devil or D104 M6 but the very best if you can find a used one in good shape would be the Astatic 575 for amplified mics and the Sky thumper 65 for none amplified, I know with the Sky Thumper 65 I got the best reports on SSB

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.