• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

HR2510 swr issue

Yeah, these are awesome radios, I know they are getting up there in age, that's why I own three of them now. And one of them is currently spending some quality time with the guru, Rogerbird.

I'll check out the final and see if it has its insulator, and check the caps on the final tonight. Thanks for the help.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

How did Rogerbird do with your HR2510?
I also have a HR2510 that is experiencing a high SWR when the top cover is fully seated on the radio. If I remove the back corner of the cover the High Swr issue goes away. Where can one find a insulator to add to the final if its needed?
I also notice my HR2510 seems to TX off frequency on both SSB's. The RIT is locked and it receivers dead on but the TX is off. Does anyone know of a adjustment to correct the TX frequency for LSB and USB? I looked on CBtricks.com at the service manual and did not see anything for this. I also don't see any adjustment points labeled on the board for it.

Yep still got my Doc tuned lincoln!!!!!
So sick, that . Doc'passed on. He always maintained my set. It had the original chipset it from day one in the seventies.He recapped and aliened it. Gave the best power settings. I use the original microphone. I am buying a Capacitor set to recap someday and maybe a proper meter to aligned it. Not many good one out there. I am trying to find my 6' jumper for any meters I buy. So the hobby is mostly racket.I have a few Cobras to use in the auto. I have a Astatic regular mic for the 2519 as I do not want to push the already loud transmission. Just got to stay ff Ebay for sure.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.