• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

I found a TRC-432. What do ya think?

BangSwitch

Apr 15, 2007
I found a Realistic TRC-432. It is in nice shape, even had the owner's manual. Everything works. Seems like a decent rig. Definitaly worth the $5.00 I payed. Wondering if anyone has any expierience with these? And any tips or tricks for add-ons, ect.
Thanks,
KC9LJO

L3,4 and 5 is power ,you can change R56 to a different value to get closer to 100% audio , or you can be a bad boy and clip it. I can already hear the moans and groans from the peanut gallery. Have fun !

Switch Kit said:
L3,4 and 5 is power ,you can change R56 to a different value to get closer to 100% audio , or you can be a bad boy and clip it. I can already hear the moans and groans from the peanut gallery. Have fun !

LOL..... yea if your just going to use the stock mic you can clip it if you want.
Good advice as usual Switch.

that radio does not have a VR in it , so either changing the resistor to account for more audio or clipping it would open it all up so to speak , sometimes it really isn't that much to notice and other times it can sound raspy ......so to speak. Hence just using the stock mic there after or even a NC type mic. Now if you were running power and the box really only needed about a 1 to 2 drive into it ? bringing the watts down on the radio would also increase the audio automatically without doing anything to it. For all I know ? that radio sounds just fine the way it is ? I honestly wouldn't know unless it was benched. If your just looking for a nice sounding stock radio , I'd just leave it alone and add a power type mic to it, would help your cause a bit.I've heard so many out of the box stock radios that always sounded excellent the way they were without any golden screwdrivers added , but there have been many that needed all the help they could get )-: Many radios that were clipped also sounded very good , what they do as far as TVI and Bleedover is one thing , how they sound to others is another. The other major plus for any stock cb radio out of the box is your antenna system .......Having a good set up there is a major plus to any radio set up. Here tell 90% of every radio/amp set up is all about the mighty ANTENNA.

Switch Kit said:
that radio does not have a VR in it , so either changing the resistor to account for more audio or clipping it would open it all up so to speak , sometimes it really isn't that much to notice and other times it can sound raspy ......so to speak. Hence just using the stock mic there after or even a NC type mic. Now if you were running power and the box really only needed about a 1 to 2 drive into it ? bringing the watts down on the radio would also increase the audio automatically without doing anything to it. For all I know ? that radio sounds just fine the way it is ? I honestly wouldn't know unless it was benched. If your just looking for a nice sounding stock radio , I'd just leave it alone and add a power type mic to it, would help your cause a bit.I've heard so many out of the box stock radios that always sounded excellent the way they were without any golden screwdrivers added , but there have been many that needed all the help they could get )-: Many radios that were clipped also sounded very good , what they do as far as TVI and Bleedover is one thing , how they sound to others is another. The other major plus for any stock cb radio out of the box is your antenna system .......Having a good set up there is a major plus to any radio set up. Here tell 90% of every radio/amp set up is all about the mighty ANTENNA.
well after some looking one site says for audio rv202
look for that rv.DONT adjust any other one

yes xon a meter it will look the same.however on a scope
youll see the difference.the rasdio with the vr wide open
and limiter will have cleaner audio not overmodulated.
the one with a missing limiter will have the same maybe more
pep on a meter but on a scope it shows just how much
the radio is overmodulated

Ain't so many of us lucky that we don't have conversations with machines ? But then again , you never know now . do yah ? :p

Some of those old Realistic AM bases sound good!!! I had a TRC 440 that was just plain loud on AM!!! Id never turn one down for a fair pice!!!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.