1. Notice: This site will be offline for maintenance and upgrades on Sunday, Aug 2nd. It will likely be down for several hours.
  2. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

I found a TRC-432. What do ya think?

Discussion in 'CB and Export Equipment and Accessories' started by KC9LJO, Sep 23, 2007.

1. KC9LJO

KC9LJO Member

I found a Realistic TRC-432. It is in nice shape, even had the owner's manual. Everything works. Seems like a decent rig. Definitaly worth the $5.00 I payed. Wondering if anyone has any expierience with these? And any tips or tricks for add-ons, ect.
    Thanks,
    KC9LJO

2. Unit 194

Unit 194 Active Member

For $5.00 you can't go wrong !

3. Switch Kit

Switch Kit Active Member

L3,4 and 5 is power ,you can change R56 to a different value to get closer to 100% audio , or you can be a bad boy and clip it. I can already hear the moans and groans from the peanut gallery. Have fun !

4. lords

lords Active Member

yep last one I did up got me 4 swinging 17 :p

5. bushwacker

bushwacker Active Member

LOL..... yea if your just going to use the stock mic you can clip it if you want.
    Good advice as usual Switch.

6. KC9LJO

KC9LJO Member

If I "clip it" what happens to my modulation? As opposed to turning it up all the way?
    Thanks,
    KC9LJO

7. hotrod

hotrod Well-Known Member

hey for 5 bucks cant go wrong.now just hookup a big antenna
    to it and youll be fine

8. Switch Kit

Switch Kit Active Member

that radio does not have a VR in it , so either changing the resistor to account for more audio or clipping it would open it all up so to speak , sometimes it really isn't that much to notice and other times it can sound raspy ......so to speak. Hence just using the stock mic there after or even a NC type mic. Now if you were running power and the box really only needed about a 1 to 2 drive into it ? bringing the watts down on the radio would also increase the audio automatically without doing anything to it. For all I know ? that radio sounds just fine the way it is ? I honestly wouldn't know unless it was benched. If your just looking for a nice sounding stock radio , I'd just leave it alone and add a power type mic to it, would help your cause a bit.I've heard so many out of the box stock radios that always sounded excellent the way they were without any golden screwdrivers added , but there have been many that needed all the help they could get )-: Many radios that were clipped also sounded very good , what they do as far as TVI and Bleedover is one thing , how they sound to others is another. The other major plus for any stock cb radio out of the box is your antenna system .......Having a good set up there is a major plus to any radio set up. Here tell 90% of every radio/amp set up is all about the mighty ANTENNA.

9. hotrod

hotrod Well-Known Member

well after some looking one site says for audio rv202
    look for that rv.DONT adjust any other one

10. KC2OST

KC2OST BANNED

Usually cutting something or adjusting the vr wide open has the same effect.

11. hotrod

hotrod Well-Known Member

yes xon a meter it will look the same.however on a scope
    youll see the difference.the rasdio with the vr wide open
    and limiter will have cleaner audio not overmodulated.
    the one with a missing limiter will have the same maybe more
    pep on a meter but on a scope it shows just how much
    the radio is overmodulated

12. Switch Kit

Switch Kit Active Member

Ain't so many of us lucky that we don't have conversations with machines ? But then again , you never know now . do yah ? :p

13. kevin IB/379 Stringbean

kevin IB/379 Stringbean Active Member

[quote or you can be a bad boy and clip it. I can already hear the moans and groans from the peanut gallery. Have fun ![/quote]
    Your too funny SWITCH !!!!

14. nightwatch

nightwatch Member

Wow,..5 bucks,...what a deal!!! :)

15. Zman

Zman K9FON

Some of those old Realistic AM bases sound good!!! I had a TRC 440 that was just plain loud on AM!!! Id never turn one down for a fair pice!!!