• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

I found a TRC-432. What do ya think?

i have a trc-432 in my car, what kind of antenna should i use?

Depends on the vehicle you have, how much you want to spend, and what kind of mount you choose. I think the Sirio 5000 Performer with a magnet mount is about the easiest, best antenna out there right now to install and get top performance with.

CBTricks:
http://www.cbtricks.com/radios/realistic/trc_432/graphics/realistic_trc432_sch.pdf

I'd go easy on the modulation. If it is less than 100%; then yeah - beef it up until you can get it as per Switch kit. You can play with that resistor value to get there. Depending on what final transistor is in there 2078 or 2166, it still shouldn't get more than 16w with a strong tailwind. No amount of modulation boost is going to take it higher, unless you count distorted watts as more power. IOW - they aren't . . .

But for a first radio, it will do the trick just fine. Personally, I go for radios that have single side band mode along with AM mode. SSB mode is just more fun; but that may depend on how you look at radio, I guess . . .

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.