• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

I have a Realistic TRC-482 and was wondering...

Dec 8, 2008
Why when I first installed it into my car and I have a K2 antenna I think that is what type of antenna it is, not exactly sure. It's a 40 channel radio with WX 3 channels. I noticed after I installed it into my car, this was in a warm garage. It's a 7 footer too.

Then after it got real cold I noticed that the 4 lights for the tx and rx power lights when I am transmitting it goes one light when I push it down it and then it flickers to 2 lights and then goes back to one light after it is pushed all the way down, also sometimes when I talk into it it sometimes will flicker to 2 lights again but only for split second. It was fine when I first installed it in the garage? Please help me I would greatly appreciate it!

if the vswr of the antenna is good and its not affecting what your transmission or recieve i wouldnt worry about it . it seems cosmetic . i would GUESS the led's are going bad or a dirty key on the mic .

if the vswr of the antenna is good and its not affecting what your transmission or recieve i wouldnt worry about it . it seems cosmetic . i would GUESS the led's are going bad or a dirty key on the mic .

Yeah it seems to send and recieve fine and the mic is the original mic that came with it and it is dirty. I haven't tested long distance though just 50 or 100ft or so. Thanks a lot an also I am wondering what the NB button that is on it does?

NB is Noise Blanker. It helps cut out ignition noise or other motor noise that can into the RX of the radio.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.