1. In celebration of the launch of the new redesigned site, we just gave away a FREE antenna! Click Here to See Who Won!

I have a Realistic TRC-482 and was wondering...

Discussion in 'CB and Export Equipment and Accessories' started by The_Redneck_Man, Dec 8, 2008.

1. The_Redneck_Man

The_Redneck_Man Member

Why when I first installed it into my car and I have a K2 antenna I think that is what type of antenna it is, not exactly sure. It's a 40 channel radio with WX 3 channels. I noticed after I installed it into my car, this was in a warm garage. It's a 7 footer too.

Then after it got real cold I noticed that the 4 lights for the tx and rx power lights when I am transmitting it goes one light when I push it down it and then it flickers to 2 lights and then goes back to one light after it is pushed all the way down, also sometimes when I talk into it it sometimes will flicker to 2 lights again but only for split second. It was fine when I first installed it in the garage? Please help me I would greatly appreciate it!

2. The_Redneck_Man

The_Redneck_Man Member

Hello can someone help me please it would be greatly appreciated thats for sure! Thanks

3. if the vswr of the antenna is good and its not affecting what your transmission or recieve i wouldnt worry about it . it seems cosmetic . i would GUESS the led's are going bad or a dirty key on the mic .

4. The_Redneck_Man

The_Redneck_Man Member

Yeah it seems to send and recieve fine and the mic is the original mic that came with it and it is dirty. I haven't tested long distance though just 50 or 100ft or so. Thanks a lot an also I am wondering what the NB button that is on it does?

5. Moleculo

Moleculo Administrator Staff Member

NB is Noise Blanker. It helps cut out ignition noise or other motor noise that can into the RX of the radio.

6. The_Redneck_Man

The_Redneck_Man Member

Ok thanks a lot now I know and I greatly appreciate it that's for sure!