• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

I think I got a good deal .

357magnum

Feb 25, 2014
Coventry RI
An old neighbor showed up the other day with a couple of yard sale finds A Cobra 148 gtl DX an a Sadelta desk mic I bought them both for a $100 The radio works fine but I been busy an all I did was bench it for output an audio ,swings almost 20 on ssb . I mic works fine also but I'm not a big fan of echo ( not to offend anyone just me ) the radio has a switch on the side not sure if its a slide conversion . Maybe I will have more time to play with it after I get 7 cord of wood cut an split ! lol I never had a DX before but from research it seems like a good radio for what I paid .I forgot to add the radio had a Cobra power mic an all the brackets .

Last edited:
Reactions: 2RT307

You must be right from the research I did you can't find them when I check it yesterday I just plug it into the lighter in the truck an talk to Tx with out the amp in-line ! To be honest I never saw one an when I saw the band switch an the DX I thought it might be something special .

Brett , not yet I think that will be my new venture I have never uploaded pics yet ! lol But other than the switch on the side it looks like new I haven't had time to take the cover off yet being as I'm a little behind on my firewood , but I'll try an post some .

An old neighbor showed up the other day with a couple of yard sale finds A Cobra 148 gtl DX an a Sadelta desk mic I bought them both for a $100 The radio works fine but I been busy an all I did was bench it for output an audio ,swings almost 20 on ssb . I mic works fine also but I'm not a big fan of echo ( not to offend anyone just me ) the radio has a switch on the side not sure if its a slide conversion . Maybe I will have more time to play with it after I get 7 cord of wood cut an split ! lol I never had a DX before but from research it seems like a good radio for what I paid .I forgot to add the radio had a Cobra power mic an all the brackets .
Connex 4800DX was basically same is Cobra 148DX made around the same time both had 12 bands to choose from on the so called or labled Band Selector

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.