1. In celebration of the launch of the new redesigned site, we just gave away a FREE antenna! Click Here to See Who Won!

ICOM IC-7000 programming cable help

Discussion in 'Ham Equipment' started by Se7en, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Se7en Well-Known Member

Where what and who do i buy the cable from i really don't want to spend more then $30.00 for it. i have read that its True china cables wont work with Ham radio delux. yes i have herd it is FALSE. so i need to know? i use the 7000 on the base i might as well interface it with my windows Vista and Fios.(y)

2. Mudfoot Supporting Member

Order it from Mama China.

You will be satisfied.

The ones that can't get it to work are usually computer stupid, get frustrated and cry about the cable.

3. Moleculo Administrator Staff Member

For about $10 you have what you need for programming and CIV control. This is what I use:

IC-7000 cable | eBay

You still need a sound card interface for digital modes...

4. ONAWHIM Active Member

Trying to learn something here..

Is this a direct connection from a PC to the IC-7000 or PC to the C-17 level converter?

Thanks

5. KC9Q Supporting Member

I have one from RadioShack that I use for my IC-7000. It is Model #20-546, and cost $34.99, has a USB to 3.5mm connector (either stereo or mono via an adaptor jumper). The old version (20-047) came with a Driver CD, but the new one requires downloading from the Internet. Hope that helps.

Mike

6. Se7en Well-Known Member

Thanks all. Im not pc dumb. All u have to do is fine the correct com port to communicate with the radio and pc. Ill buy the one from chickity china. I figured it was pcretarded people might just not get the concept. To the guy it is for ham radio deluxe. Might aswell use it with the new pc. I don't do digital rtty psk yet.

Sent from Outerspace, on the DarkSide of X.

7. Robb Yup

After I bought a cable from China, I will never do that again. They said it was 6 ft long; it was only 3 ft long. Said it would work with my radio, it didn't. I bought one from 'Affordable Radio' for a few more bucks; but it was all that it claimed to be.
    I recommend them:

6' USB CI-V CT-17 CAT Cable Icom IC-756 IC-7000 IC-7800 | eBay

8. Se7en Well-Known Member

What radio were u using it on ? Sometimes I get broken new stuff from china but there good at ems a replacement free of charge.

Sent from Outerspace, on the DarkSide of X.

9. Robb Yup

Kenwood TS-2000.
    Never buy another Chinese cable unless they get it right first . . . Then, I'll think about it . . .

1 person likes this.
  10. Mudfoot Supporting Member

Where was your present cable made?

11. Robb Yup

'Affordable Radio'.
    The link for your radio cable is in a previous post above - BTW.

12. Mudfoot Supporting Member

But was the cable made in China?

13. Robb Yup

Hmm . . . can't rightly say . . .
    The seller is out of Niagara Falls, NY. If he gets them from China - I can't say. But I can say that the cable arrived and worked as described. That works for me.

The first cable I ordered and then had to return - was ordered directly out of China thru eBay. That was a fiasco that I don't want to repeat nor would I want to see someone else make the same mistake that I did. Huge mess. Buy from 'Affordable Radio' on eBay and just save yerself the time and the trouble . . .

Last edited: Feb 17, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  14. WR0220 Active Member

The cable offered in those listings by suntekstore for $8.99 w/free shipping is the one I purchased and used prior to getting a RigBlaster Pro. It worked like a charm with no problems at all. Shipping took about 2 weeks, but I knew that prior to purchase so it wasn't a big deal to me.

15. Se7en Well-Known Member

i am about to purchase that one too. comes with that little driver CD. now it appears some cables have one black ring while others show 2 black rings.... that is interesting....? like one is mono while the others is stereo