• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

ICOM IC-7000 Review

very nice, but all it did was confuse me all over again. which one do i get? if i do this i need this one , or if i get this i'll need this for it ...aaahhhhhhh. to many choices!!!!

Hey Ron I read that article last week, good review. He say it short but I thought it was a rather long review but, very insightful.

I still wamt one of those Yahoo 9000DX things with the map on the front. Except that the suckers are very heavy and bigger than my operating desk.

Have had mine 3 days now,and love it,lots of bells and whistles! Take s a bit to get the hang of all the sub menus,Gotta love that screen!!!

I went to HRO yesterday during lunch and got to play with the one they have there for a few minutes. All I have to say is WOW! That receiver is UNBELIEVABLE. The twin PBT works just as good as my Icom 746 Pro....the NB is now adjustable, as is the DSP Noise Reduction. If I needed a new radio and had some spare cash laying around, I sure would seriously consider this one. It appears to be heads and shoulders above my 706mkIIg

O

Moleculo,

How about the squelch on FM? That's one of the gripes I have with my 706's--it's too tight; either on or off. Pops in and out, in and out if you set it at the threshold, misses signals if you set it deep.

I hope to see them at Charlotte this March. I've heard good things about them. DSP on 706's sounds "pinched".

CWM 8)

Yeah, that's a gripe I have about the 706 also. I didn't play with the 7000 on FM. But next time I'm there I will! :)

this is a great little radio..
exellent on the recieve..

yet my 706 still has stronger audio..
i have to get used to using all these filters and such..

i am used to using my 706 MKIIG as set it and forget it..lol

now i ned to get the 910H
would perfer a it had as good a recieve and filtering of the 7000

Later

Hey All...

I like how it tells you how hot or cool it is running..
the TV is nice...

still got to sit down with it and learn it..
so little time...so much to do...lol..

Now waitting for the IC-910H to get back in stock..
then perhaps the ID-1 and IC-800..

So many things and Toys to buy...lol

Later

i don't get much time to use it..
but this radio is sweet...

got the audio figured out..
it is supper clean....nothing but exellent reports on audio..

nice display..
even nicer to go video out to tv to really let the display shine

i also like how it moniters temp of finals via pa section..
now is easier to be sure ll is staying ok..

now need to go on and get the IC-910H

Later

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?