• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Is it time yet??

Yeah i would like to give it a go...
Would it still be 10 meters or are we going for 15 or 20?
10 has been dead over here. Not a peep

more bands would be great

I agree also...I think a 40m/15m setup would be interesting...Since a 40m dipole can be used by most on 15m also....make an interesting combo...
Plus with the distance changes 40m goes through during the daylight to dark hours just about all parts of N.AM would be accessible to most if they watch the DX Chat and schedule their OP time with different parts of the bandshift....
15m + (40m grayline to Sunrise here) would give All our great DX op's a real chance to get involved IMO...never know
See how this thread plays out this weekend....
All the Best
Gary

Reactions: KD2GOE
yeah 15/40 meters would be nice, i just ordered 3 MFJ mobile "HamTenna" last tusday 15/20&40 meters. this would be assume to work every one in the car

I agree also...I think a 40m/15m setup would be interesting...Since a 40m dipole can be used by most on 15m also....make an interesting combo...
Plus with the distance changes 40m goes through during the daylight to dark hours just about all parts of N.AM would be accessible to most if they watch the DX Chat and schedule their OP time with different parts of the bandshift....
15m + (40m grayline to Sunrise here) would give All our great DX op's a real chance to get involved IMO...never know
See how this thread plays out this weekend....
All the Best
Gary
Naw, that's getting complicated remembering ...... how about just saying legal HF bands?? That way I can put my only working HF antenna to a test. :D

Reactions: wavrider
OK, draft copy of the rules, as normal nothing written in stone, open for suggestions.

-Only contacts with other FORUM members count in the contest. The W9WDX roster maybe found as a sticky thread located here http://www.worldwidedx.com/threads/club-member-roster.132229/

-Frequency: HF

-Date/Time: 09-10 May 2015. If you're not sure how UTC time works, check herehttp://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html?p1=3875

-Contacts: Contact logs may be in any format but it must be deciphered by common programs and must be posted in theW9WDX Contest Logs located here http://www.worldwidedx.com/forums/w9wdx-contest-logs.193/

Create only one thread for your contacts. You can edit or reply to your own thread, using it as your log throughout the contest (if you wish). The format is attached as an Excel file. It may be an excel attachment OR pasted into your thread.

At the end of the contest (+3 hours), the contacts forum will be locked, so make sure you upload all of your contacts before the end date/time.

Contacts will be verified against each others' logs, non confirmed contacts will not be counted.

-Multipliers: 2x multiplier for mobile, portable, or maritime contacts.
3x multiplier for any contacts outside of CONUS and Canada.
4x multiplier for QRP. For this contest QRP is 10 watts or less.
(think KX-3, ic-703)

-If you operate as mobile, maritime, or portable during the contest, you are credited with the multiplier for any contacts you make. If you operate as a base, you receive a multiplier for any contact you make with a mobile, portable, or maritime contact. Make sure you clearly designate these in your log

-Power limit: Maximum power 200 watts PEP

-This is an "on your honor" contest and intended to be fun. Please play by the rules

- BE A COURTEOUS OPERATOR, PROMOTE THE SITE, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY HAVE FUN!

200 watts??
I can see where limiting to 200 watts for a ten meter contest.

For all hf bands then sure legal limit!!!!:sneaky:

Also are there any rules for what modes? phone, cw, or digital?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated