• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

ISO: Parts layout and/or picture of a Midland 79-265...

ExitThirteen

Grumpy and Cranky
Apr 18, 2008
Cornpatch of Iowa
I recently picked up a really clean Midland 79-265 AM/SSB mobile for a song and dance, but someone hacked the little ferrite donut in the back near the antenna jack... might anyone have one of these radios that can either take a picture or get a parts layout of the back of the chassis? I have no idea what this little part looks like... just going by the little drawing on the PCB. I need a visual, so I can try to locate this piece, or make one. I jumpered over where it was supposed to be, and the radio works alright, but I want to get it original if I can. Any assistance in this matter would be wonderful. Thanks! :)

P.S. If anyone has a junk 79-265, I'd be willing to buy also.

-Exit

Picture703.jpg

I have two of these radios, I believe my dad bought them used, although I suppose it is possible that they were new also, from our neighbor who had all kinds of radio stuff. This was probably 12-14 years ago. Currently the one transmists at about 2.7 watts and receives fine but has never been tested on teh side bands. The other transmits at the full 4 watts and comes in loud and clear, but does not receive transmissions at all and has not been tested on the sidebands. Would love to get them both working well again.

Manufactured June 1988
_KLH00761.jpg

Manufactured January 1989
_KLH00731.jpg

Looks like it's just a ferrite donut with 2 wires strapped over it, that'll be an easy fix. You mention you need a channel knob, are you needing the knob itself? Or the whole channel selector? Let me know, and I can try to look up something for you. These radios can also be modded for extra channels too. Mine is already modified for reg. band and +40 (27.415-27.855). Thanks for the pictures!

Reactions: Retro CB Guy
midland 79-265

hello does anybody still have this radio? m looking for parts channel knob and 3 of the push buttons? if the face plate is in good shape i may want that to mine is pretty bad shape

Give me a call 678-735-2426 ask for tom

Looks like it's just a ferrite donut with 2 wires strapped over it, that'll be an easy fix. You mention you need a channel knob, are you needing the knob itself? Or the whole channel selector? Let me know, and I can try to look up something for you. These radios can also be modded for extra channels too. Mine is already modified for reg. band and +40 (27.415-27.855). Thanks for the pictures!

Just picked up this radio and am hoping it works decent when I get it. But I'd like to put extra channels in it... I'll keep you posted after I get it ExitThirteen !!!

Thanks already for this info, Retro

ExitThirteen, Sir I'd like to know how you were able to get the mod for channels on this Midland 79-265 please. I'm trying to prepare so I've got the info ready for my trip to my tech and get this radio setup. I need detailed info on it please, that would help me out so very much and be quite wonderful sir...

Thanks in advance bro, Retro

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated