1. In celebration of the launch of the new redesigned site, we just gave away a FREE antenna! Click Here to See Who Won!

ISO: Parts layout and/or picture of a Midland 79-265...

Discussion in 'General CB Services Discussion' started by ExitThirteen, Oct 1, 2010.

1. ExitThirteen

ExitThirteen Grumpy, Cranky Repairman

I recently picked up a really clean Midland 79-265 AM/SSB mobile for a song and dance, but someone hacked the little ferrite donut in the back near the antenna jack... might anyone have one of these radios that can either take a picture or get a parts layout of the back of the chassis? I have no idea what this little part looks like... just going by the little drawing on the PCB. I need a visual, so I can try to locate this piece, or make one. I jumpered over where it was supposed to be, and the radio works alright, but I want to get it original if I can. Any assistance in this matter would be wonderful. Thanks! :)

P.S. If anyone has a junk 79-265, I'd be willing to buy also.

-Exit

[​IMG]

2. Kyle Hunter

Kyle Hunter Member

I have two of these radios, I believe my dad bought them used, although I suppose it is possible that they were new also, from our neighbor who had all kinds of radio stuff. This was probably 12-14 years ago. Currently the one transmists at about 2.7 watts and receives fine but has never been tested on teh side bands. The other transmits at the full 4 watts and comes in loud and clear, but does not receive transmissions at all and has not been tested on the sidebands. Would love to get them both working well again.

Manufactured June 1988
    [​IMG]

Manufactured January 1989
    [​IMG]

3. ExitThirteen

ExitThirteen Grumpy, Cranky Repairman

Looks like it's just a ferrite donut with 2 wires strapped over it, that'll be an easy fix. You mention you need a channel knob, are you needing the knob itself? Or the whole channel selector? Let me know, and I can try to look up something for you. These radios can also be modded for extra channels too. Mine is already modified for reg. band and +40 (27.415-27.855). Thanks for the pictures!

4. butter bean

butter bean KD4TWP

midland 79-265

hello does anybody still have this radio? m looking for parts channel knob and 3 of the push buttons? if the face plate is in good shape i may want that to mine is pretty bad shape

Give me a call 678-735-2426 ask for tom