• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

It is time yet??

I'll probably pull out about the same. Uniden PC122XL. Stock 12 watts. Or maybe the 980. Either one will work. It's the antenna and conditions that will be the catalysts with this one!

Heck yah!! I am hoping for some decent conditions, should be an interesting affair to say the least with the conditions the way they have been. Always worth a try though.

Cobra 2000 Turner SSB mic and Five element homebrew yagi.

Looking forward to some contacts IF I do not have to work that weekend.

Maybe if the conditions will allow I can try to make contact again wavrider! Dx has been sporadic during the day, have seen some great nights here lately though. At least for east coast to Midwest anyway from where I am. Wish I had a beam:(.

Maybe if the conditions will allow I can try to make contact again wavrider! Dx has been sporadic during the day, have seen some great nights here lately though. At least for east coast to Midwest anyway from where I am. Wish I had a beam:(.

Yes maybe we can, If you have the time ( something I have little of now days) you can put together a 2 element quad or even just a full wave loop horizontal suspended between trees.

Feed that full wave loop on the South side and it should shoot some nice lobes in the NE and NW directions.

WE ought to have a contest on only 1 channel, example channel 36 usb or lsb, it would make it muchf more fair with strictly regular power, and who knows under present conditions it might work.
Also a contest on 40 meters 7282 and see what happens for a 4 hour contest.
That would be fair a contest for cb guys and one for hams, but
if there are a lot of technicians<I don't know>, then we would have to change it to 10, shall we say on the club frequency.

Just ideas...
DOCTOR/795

Doc would need to work gray line for dx purposes, although 1000 miles may be "local" for 40 meters it is DX for 11 and 10 meters.

Limiting to one ch would be hard due to QRM. Sort of imagine a 20 meter SSB QSO contest on only one freq??

My week is booked so I gotta run what I brung!! Will turn power back on radio to legal limit and give it a whirl. Conditions have been sparse to say the least!!

Reactions: binrat

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.